375 barrel length

Luvthunt

AH legend
Joined
Aug 4, 2018
Messages
2,214
Reaction score
2,211
Media
2
Pros and cons of different barrel lengths for the 375 h&h —what do you prefer and why?
 
Mine is 21 and a half inches.
No idea of the pros or cons, it's what the rifle came with.
I would be interested to know the pros and cons though.....
 
20-22"

Why? More compact and less obtrusive and easily to control when stalking. I'm constantly switching from various shoulder positions to holding in the hand when maneuvering in the brush, bush, and forest. I simply dont want a telephone pole sticking out over my shoulder snagging everything and causing more movement. Have not had any balance issues by cutting back barrels or building new.

If you reload, you can eliminate almost any loss in velocity when comping factory loads. With modern powders and components, that argument of lost fps with shorter barrels (26" to 22" and 24" to 20" respectively) is almost invalid. So now, you have as much power in a more compact and lighter rifle, if you so choose. Very easy to add weight to the stock if you want it and still keep a compact package.
 
Had my CZ550 cut from 25" to 22" and love it.
Balance point is now right at the magazine and it comes to the shoulder more naturally.
At the end of the day, it just "feels" right to me and that's why I like it.
 
As long as it balances the length would be personal choice. Velocity gain or loss is not an issue with this caliber.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,856
Members
169,445
Latest member
999bethostv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top