Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I have this cartridge in a browning lever action. I can load 225 grain nosler partitions to a little over 2400fps. This round is the 308 win neck up to 35 caliber. Has anyone used it in Africa? Ruger at one time chambered thier bolt action in it. I am going to Namibia next May and am planning on taking a 338 win mag and a 300ruger compact mag but the 358 is tempting to try and probably would go if it were a bolt-action. I use it here in the states as a brush gun.

There is no reason not to bring the 358 Win., I have not used it. My uncle owns one. It should be extremely deadly for the game in Namibia, if you can shoot the gun accurate.

I have this cartridge in a browning lever action. I can load 225 grain nosler partitions to a little over 2400fps. This round is the 308 win neck up to 35 caliber. Has anyone used it in Africa? Ruger at one time chambered thier bolt action in it. I am going to Namibia next May and am planning on taking a 338 win mag and a 300ruger compact mag but the 358 is tempting to try and probably would go if it were a bolt-action. I use it here in the states as a brush gun.
@Iwaters
The 358 loaded with the 225 partitions would be ideal on all your plains game in Namibia. Your shots will be between 50 and 200 yards.
I took a Whelen loaded with 225grain accubonds and it was ideal.
You will have no worries with the 358, leave the rest at home and have a load of 35 fun.
Bob

I used to have one in a model 88 Winchester. Shot some big moose and a few bear with it. Great caliber.
IMG_0509.JPG

I have seen this caliber in loading books and have always thought it would be an ideal bushveld rifle.
It would be less optimal in Namibia as the shots are longer but in the thick stuff the recipe is in the perfect range.
It will handle anything you can hit in the right spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!