338 WM pet loads?

My only bullet ever recovered from moose
225 Swift A frame from 338 Win Mag
300 yard shot length wise just under skin
Dropped in his tracks !
71.0 of IMR 4350.

5ADFC55A-AD48-4ACD-8B1E-1B49B7771170.jpeg
F59813E2-2252-4210-ADF1-702F0EA202A5.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I use 72.5 grains of RL-19 with 230-grain Winchester FS (lubalox coated), or another grain or two extra with RL-22. These are "maximum" powder charges that produce around 2,800 fps from my .338WM. I use CCI Magnum primers.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,798
Members
169,416
Latest member
wanda_tiller
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top