3006 a303

One of the best sources for most all the variations of the 03, is the book The Model 1903 Springfield Rifle and Its Variations by Poyer. As to the OP's? about shooting factory ammo or factory ammo with heavy bullets in an 03A3... it has already taken care of because the 30-06 factory ammo specs are for the lowest common denominator 30-06 rifles. No issue with the 03A3- it's plenty strong.

And yep as has been posted, it's a completely different issue with the Garand. It's all about port pressure as the bullet travels down the bore and gets to the gas port. If the pressure at the port is too high it may bend the op rod.... or worse!. Of course if it is too low it may not cycle the action. Powders with slower burn rates than 4064 or 4895 are not recommended for the Garand. The ideal round for the Garand involves both the right type of powder, powder charge and right bullet. I found 46-47 grains of 4895 under a 150 gr jacketed spire point bullet to be about ideal for a Garand. A good resource for anyone with a Garand is The M1 Garand Owner's guide by Duff.
 
durning ww-2 many 03 springfields were rebarreled and fitted with new bolts and issued to the US soldiers untill the supply chain caught up with enough m-1 garands.

DSCN0328.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,865
Members
169,451
Latest member
Nickjohniu
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top