300 WSM, 300 WM, or 300 PRC for Freestate Plains Game

300 WM Brno ZKK 602......not all these short cased new stuff.....

As an Alaskan, take the coastal brown bear off the list and you have it with the 30-06. I have two rifles in it and I have lost track of how many others use one for everything up here. Honestly, with a heavier bullet you could use one on an interior grizzly bear. But something heavier is recommended, even then. For a long time the 338 WM was the go to up here for everything including all bears. But lately the manufacturers have been working against folks. Just try and find ammo or brass.

As an Alaskan, take the coastal brown bear off the list and you have it with the 30-06. I have two rifles in it and I have lost track of how many others use one for everything up here. Honestly, with a heavier bullet you could use one on an interior grizzly bear. But something heavier is recommended, even then. For a long time the 338 WM was the go to up here for everything including all bears. But lately the manufacturers have been working against folks. Just try and find ammo or brass.L
Not just in Alaska, and not just .338. Just finding brass and bullets for a .300 WM in the Lower 48 was tough. I do not know why the manufacturers can't seem to keep up. I have heard that a lot of the materials are going to Ukraine causing a shortage, but I don't know if that's true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.