300 gr Silvertip 375 H&H load data

1peggy

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
145
Reaction score
205
Location
Wytheville, VA
Media
5
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
NSSA, NRA Life I
Hunted
Spain, Germany, Zimbabwe, Zambia
What bullet load data would you use for 300 gr. Silvertips in a 375 H&H. I am thinking any 300 gr bullet. Thanks
 
Vintage silver tips with aluminum tip or modern like the balistic silver tips?

If the latter I would use Nosler Balistic tip/accubond data.
Old ones with aluminum. I have about 130 in boxes.
 
Hi 1peggy,

The classic 300 grs 375H&Hmg load: from 78 to 80 grs of any of the 4350.
I use 80 grs with Hornady and Nosler P 300 grs. Winchester cases, magnum primers.
Get 2500/2550 f/s in my Winchester 70 pre 64 with its original 25" barrel.

Good luck!
 
Hi 1peggy,

The classic 300 grs 375H&Hmg load: from 78 to 80 grs of any of the 4350.
I use 80 grs with Hornady and Nosler P 300 grs. Winchester cases, magnum primers.
Get 2500/2550 f/s in my Winchester 70 pre 64 with its original 25" barrel.

Good luck!
Thanks
 
IMR 4350 78 grs fed215 MV 2540 fps
 
Jack O'Connor printed loads of IMR 4064 for the 375 with both 270 & 300 grain bullets, but my preference is 4350.
 
There is nothing special about the old Winchester Silvertip bullets. I'd use any reliable data source for standard 300 gr. cup and core, non boattial, bullet. If jacket material, bearing length and weight are similar, you should expect similar results.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,022
Members
169,227
Latest member
SusieParra
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top