3 Year Plan

Mrs BeeMaa just added Giraffe to 2022 safari.
She wants a big black bull Giraffe rug!
Hard to argue with logic like that.
Flip, you better have a loooong lounge!

Buddies buffalo hunt, I will just be taking a few impala. In Zim.
Kariba tiger tournament in October.
London to do Holland and Holland, Purdey's, Rigby and Westley Richards in Birmingham. And the favourite pubs.
Carry on up to Scotland by train for driven pheasant.
Maybe zebra hunt in Limpopo carried over from 2020.
Buy a new double.
A buffalo with my new double, in Zim
Tiger Tournament
Several safari lodges with Mrs P and some family.
Seaside lodge trips to some islands.
A local hunt for crocodile.
Tiger Tournament

Great to have a three year plan like this

I see a lot of great plans! I’m going to wait until this COVID 19 stuff settles down. Pay down debts and possibly sell my house and move. Things have gotten really crazy in Milwaukee, WI. I have a lot of ideas in my head. I’m weighing the pros and cons of change. My work place has become a chaotic mess but to be honest health care in general is stressful place to work right now. I would like to hunt mule deer out in western United States if time and money permit. I want to go back to Africa with no specific plan for Cape Buffalo and possibly hippo. I definitely would like to finish the “tiny ten”.

2021- Finally get to @Kowas Adventure Safaris and hunt Namibia. Due to my plans changing in 2019 (thanks to the awesome hunt won on this site), and the virus shut downs of 2020, this is three years in the planning already. @TRAVEL EXPRESS just reserved our air travel and seats this week!
2022- start saving my $ and planning a trip to introduce my sons to Africa. We've been watching videos and looking at animal lists and judging by all the "I want one of those for sure" comments the savings part of this one may take a few years.
202?- Take the boys over, get a Nyala and Bushbuck, then set back and be an observer of their first trip over.

October - Alpine chamois in Austria along with vacation in Austria and Hungary with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg.
Don't forget to visit HWL, close to Salzburg!

HWL

2021 - Start North American Duck Slam and World Turkey Slam
2022 - Continue both Slams
2023 - Finish Both slams (hopefully, if I make a trip to get ocellated turkey in mexico)

2021 - Save up for and buy DG Rifle. Get drawn for Elk & hunt in AZ (successfully this time, no tag soup)
2022 - Practice with DG Rifle, take Mrs BourbonTrail on a hooray you got your PhD vacation abroad (maybe add hunting to said trip). Book plains game trip (?)
2023 - First plains game trip (?), continue to practice with DG rifle...

2021 - continue to plan / research / save for future hunt in Africa.

2022 - Early summer - 25th Anniversary celebratory trip (non-hunting) with wife to "somewhere (Hawaii? France?); Fall - DIY (OTC 2nd Rifle) Elk in Colorado with old college buddy and one of my sons.

2023 - PG hunt in Africa, Lord willing.

After that??? Hopefully Buff, Ele, etc.... time will tell.

365 X 3 = 1,095 1 day at a time. I am exhausted just thinking about it! Get .300 H&H Win M70, .375 H&H Ruger No.1, and .375 R Ruger M77 sorted out. Get physical stuff for wife & I sorted out. Get covid-19 sorted out allowing safe and unrestricted travel. First African safari! Puts us at 72, maybe a year earlier, but it is hard to commit with so many uncertainties. Not being pessimistic, just realistic.

3 Year Plan if all goes well

2021- Bos en Dal Safari 21 day hunt. Lioness, Cape Buff Bull and Cow. Plains game and bird hunts

2022- Bos en Dal. 10-12 days Croc and Hippo

2023- To far away to decide but most likely back to Bos en Dal for something

My original 3 year plan has changed somewhat! With all the uncertainty in the world right now.
2021 Trip extended to 26 days with Bos en Dal, 3 DGs and assorted plains game and bird hunts.

2022 recover from 2021 trip and save for 2023
Pay off Taxidermy Bill to Gizmo on 2021 trip

2023 Back to Bos en Dal if we all are alive for another 14-21 day trip.

2021... >>>FIRST TRIP TO AFRICA<<<, Game4Africa, May; August/October - 1st bow kill brown bear (fingers crossed), moose for the freezer...
2022... Spring bear, Fall moose for the freezer...
2023... Second trip to Africa (unscheduled, hoping); rinse/repeat bear/moose hunts

3 year plan sounds good to me. Well, meaning I will plan to plan in 3 years. The covid has given my business several highs and lows. I need to ride things out before I plan more than my next meal.
So just hiking and fishing for me pretty much.
Will see how 23 or 24 looks, then start a plan.

Ben Franklin said "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail", so I am planning big and
hoping for the best. As my dad would say "If the Lord is willing and the creek doesn't rise"

2021 - First trip to Africa/Namibia in July. Kudu and Blue Wildebeest at top of list
Fly fishing in Belize in fall
2022 - Trip to Africa/TBD - PG hunt with one or both sons
Fly fishing and/or grouse hunting in Wyoming in fall
2023 - Trip to Africa for Buffalo?
Mule deer/Elk in Colorado/Wyoming fall
Quail/Pheasant/Whitetail/local bass fishing every year

February - delayed Argentine red stag hunt with my son
May - Ibex and Roe Deer hunt in the Gredos mountains of Spain with vacation in Southern Spain and Morocco with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg
October - delayed Viking river cruise (does that count?) with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg

Hi. I'm fairly new. I was curious if those dates are still valid?

@sbee, that is when he was planning on hunting. He is not advertising a hunt.

My waterfowl obsession in Canada keeps limiting my other hunts…

But I’m planning a plains game hunt for 23. We shall see…

Geez, somehow I missed this thread. Must have been the COVID lockdown.

Three year plan

2022 Kansas turkey hunt in early May. Wyoming antelope with my daughter in late September. Also hoping to hear about drawing a Wyoming moose tag for a mid October hunt around Pinedale.

2023 My daughter and I will hunt Sable with @spike.t in Zam in August. Archery elk in Montana in September with Rising Son Outfitters.

2024 Early November Rifle elk hunt in Montana with Rising Son Outfitters with my three sons-in-law

The three year plan changed significantly since my 2020 post..

2021 - Did a 7 day hunt in South Africa.. Had plans to potentially do a few other things, but life got in the way...

2022 - Headed back to South Africa in July to hunt with @Bos en Dal SAFARIS again.. Then have sika deer in Ireland in October.. and then Dove in Argentina in November..

2023 - Back to South Africa with @Bos en Dal SAFARIS again (most likely July again.. the "Veterans" hunt has become a regular thing.. the 2021 hunt was a wonderful time.. Ive got other "vet" hunters heading over again this year.. and already have additional "vet" hunters lined up wanting to go over in 2023... Im guessing at least 1 more international destination will be added in for a hunt at some point in 2023 as well... just not sure where yet... a driven hunt somewhere in Central Europe is sounding pretty appealing though assuming the Europeans finally agree that COVID isnt going to kill everyone and allow for less restrictive travel, and Czar Putin doesnt decide to screw up the entire region for the rest of us for the next few years.. Theres a pretty decent chance of a couple of weeks in AK during the salmon run (silvers) combined with some halibut fishing.. if we hit them late in the run (August), we might combine the silvers and halibut with a couple of days of caribou or deer hunting (Opens August 1st)..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross