270 gr LRX

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
398
Reaction score
550
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Has anyone tried the 270 gr. LRX out of a 375 H&H for buf. Thinking it may be a good all around bullet for my wife to use. I could load it to 2400-2500 fps a little less recoil then the 300 gr. And shoot a little flatter for plains game. And still expand well on smaller game at lower velocity. For me it has the added benefit that it would be one less bullet to inventory as I use it in my rum for smaller game. And I use the 350 TSX in the rum for buff.
 
Has anyone tried the 270 gr. LRX out of a 375 H&H for buf. Thinking it may be a good all around bullet for my wife to use. I could load it to 2400-2500 fps a little less recoil then the 300 gr. And shoot a little flatter for plains game. And still expand well on smaller game at lower velocity. For me it has the added benefit that it would be one less bullet to inventory as I use it in my rum for smaller game. And I use the 350 TSX in the rum for buff.
I ordered some for Moose and Bear. Haven’t received them yet…

I too use 350 GR Barnes TSX for Buff. I also have 300 GR TSX - Both hand loads. 300 GR worked well on Giraffe, Sable, and a Zebra at 100 Yards…
 
Although the general view is 300 or more grains is needed with a 375, here's a succesful report using the 250 grain TSX. You may wish to contact the OP for his opinion.



SOUTH AFRICA: Trip Of A Lifetime With De Beer Safaris
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,388
Messages
1,574,832
Members
170,179
Latest member
JennieGais
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top