.256 Mannlicher by George Gibbs

Still working on a load, I haven't decided what to mann1910.jpgdo with it or even if I need a 1910. It is a little odd, has a 23 1/2 inch barrel and still a full stock.
Mike

Still working on a load, I haven't decided what to View attachment 584671do with it or even if I need a 1910. It is a little odd, has a 23 1/2 inch barrel and still a full stock.
Mike
my 1905 is also 23 1/2 in barrel, I think this is pretty normal for them around this time frame. Nice rifle by the way. does yours have scope mounts on it?

Yes, wish it didn’t. The front is a normal claw mount, the rear is different than any I’ve seen. It was for sale on a website for a long time. The problem was no magazine, a block of wood was in its place. I made a low ball offer and to my astonishment, they accepted. When I got it the bore was black, turned out to be grease, it has a very good bore. I searched the internet for months for a magazine assembly, no luck. One day I looked on eBay and there it was, I made an offer, he accepted. It fits like a glove and functions perfectly with both Speer 235gr and Hornaday 270gr round nose. I think this rifle is like many hard kickers, carried a lot, shot a little. 7lb 4oz empty, original steel trap door butt plate. I have a 1910 for a small investment.
Mike

Last edited:
Yes, wish it didn’t. The front is a normal claw mount, the rear is different than any I’ve seen. It was for sale on a website for a long time. The problem was no magazine, a block of wood was in its place. I made a low ball offer and to my astonishment, they accepted. When I got it the bore was black, turned out to be grease, it has a very good bore. I searched the internet for months for a magazine assembly, no luck. One day I looked on eBay and there it was, I made an offer, he accepted. It fits like a glove and functions perfectly with both Speer 235gr and Hornaday 270gr round nose. I think this rifle is like many hard kickers, carried a lot, shot a little. 7lb 4oz empty, original steel trap door butt plate. I have a 1910 for a small investment.
Mike
That's awesome, if you want to put a scope on it, this is the place to go. www.newenglandcustomgun.com/products.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fabrizio_vintage

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you