240 Apex by H&H

HydNawab

New member
Joined
Jun 23, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Media
6
Hi Guys

Here are the pictures.

watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


SPECIFICATIONS:
Make: H&H .240 Magnum SBBL Rifle, 5 shot bolt action repeater, original excellent condition, personally well looked after by owner. Hardly used.

Yr. of Mfg 1931 .H&H Certificate/Letters available along with original H&H Specification sheet.
Serial No. 430.
Groove width 240” H&H-.093” = 2.362m/m.Original bullet size .2450”
Mauser Action, wing safety, barrel band.

Caliber: .240 APEX Magnum, Belted Rimless Nito Express Ctg. [100 grn pointed/RN]
Sights: Original Two blade Iron sights

In addition, fitted with E.A.W. [APEL-German] Q.D.Pivot two piece mounts, for supplied Leopold Vari-X III 1.75-6X32 mm scope with B.C.Scope covers & leather scope case.
Extra Pivot Rings for 1’’ scope in case a second scope is used.
Sling with Mike Q.D .swivels mounts.
New Pachmayr pad.
Original H&H Rifle hard case
Parker-Hale/Midway cleaning rod /brush set with jag/mop/bristle/bronze & original
Chamber plug, Score High Bench Rest follower, Kwick-Kleen Chamber cleaning brush set.
Five Alex Auxiliary Cartridge Adaptors for using .22LR rds. with supply of Alex lead caps to fit on .22 LR bullets.
Leather detachable cheek piece

I would appreciate your views. I understand it needs a through cleaning.


Cheers

Ashar
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd trade you a remington 30-06 straight up, no boot or nothing! What you think?;)

Seriously, that is a very impressive rifle, Holland & Holland has always been my idea of the pinnacle of fine rifles. I am curious what the process was to get the rifles history and provenance (is that spelled correctly?) from the company. Is it a simple matter of writing the history department?

Congratulations on a fine rifle acquisition.
 
Thank you Macs.

Getting the history for a H&H rifle is pretty simple. All you need to do is send the gun room at H&H an enquiry with the serial number. They provide the history of the rifle with full specifications within 2-3 working days. This is free of charge. If the history and specifications is required on their letter head, then I think they charge GBP 35 for it.

In my opinion, the certificate is well worth it.
 
Ashar,

Thats a exquisite 240 H&H you have procured . Congatulations for owning a fantastic piece of art .

Monish
 
Asher,

Thanks !! It is owned by Nawanagar Royal family . A masterpiece of a rifle .

Monish
 
Coincidently, this is the second gun I have seen this month belonging to the Nawanagar Royal Family. Saw a James Purdey 12g SxS shotgun made for HH Maharajah Jam Ranjit Singh Ji of Nawanagar (Jamnagar).
 
Ashar

India still has immaculate rifles and guns which were customized for thier owners . I have seen lots of them and had the privilage to use few fine rifles. Nawanagar family also had a custom .12 bore pair of H&H Royal bedminton shotguns .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,466
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top