Here are the pictures.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

SPECIFICATIONS:
Make: H&H .240 Magnum SBBL Rifle, 5 shot bolt action repeater, original excellent condition, personally well looked after by owner. Hardly used.

Yr. of Mfg 1931 .H&H Certificate/Letters available along with original H&H Specification sheet.
Serial No. 430.
Groove width 240” H&H-.093” = 2.362m/m.Original bullet size .2450”
Mauser Action, wing safety, barrel band.

Caliber: .240 APEX Magnum, Belted Rimless Nito Express Ctg. [100 grn pointed/RN]
Sights: Original Two blade Iron sights

In addition, fitted with E.A.W. [APEL-German] Q.D.Pivot two piece mounts, for supplied Leopold Vari-X III 1.75-6X32 mm scope with B.C.Scope covers & leather scope case.
Extra Pivot Rings for 1’’ scope in case a second scope is used.
Sling with Mike Q.D .swivels mounts.
New Pachmayr pad.
Original H&H Rifle hard case
Parker-Hale/Midway cleaning rod /brush set with jag/mop/bristle/bronze & original
Chamber plug, Score High Bench Rest follower, Kwick-Kleen Chamber cleaning brush set.
Five Alex Auxiliary Cartridge Adaptors for using .22LR rds. with supply of Alex lead caps to fit on .22 LR bullets.
Leather detachable cheek piece

I would appreciate your views. I understand it needs a through cleaning.

Cheers

Ashar

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd trade you a remington 30-06 straight up, no boot or nothing! What you think?;)

Seriously, that is a very impressive rifle, Holland & Holland has always been my idea of the pinnacle of fine rifles. I am curious what the process was to get the rifles history and provenance (is that spelled correctly?) from the company. Is it a simple matter of writing the history department?

Congratulations on a fine rifle acquisition.

Thank you Macs.

Getting the history for a H&H rifle is pretty simple. All you need to do is send the gun room at H&H an enquiry with the serial number. They provide the history of the rifle with full specifications within 2-3 working days. This is free of charge. If the history and specifications is required on their letter head, then I think they charge GBP 35 for it.

In my opinion, the certificate is well worth it.

Ashar,

Thats a exquisite 240 H&H you have procured . Congatulations for owning a fantastic piece of art .

Monish

Asher,

Thanks !! It is owned by Nawanagar Royal family . A masterpiece of a rifle .

Monish

Coincidently, this is the second gun I have seen this month belonging to the Nawanagar Royal Family. Saw a James Purdey 12g SxS shotgun made for HH Maharajah Jam Ranjit Singh Ji of Nawanagar (Jamnagar).

Ashar

India still has immaculate rifles and guns which were customized for thier owners . I have seen lots of them and had the privilage to use few fine rifles. Nawanagar family also had a custom .12 bore pair of H&H Royal bedminton shotguns .

I also am a proud owner of a .240 Holland and Holland Apex and was wondering where you got your ammo? It seems to be scarce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois