2 Elephant Hunts Still Available

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that middle one... Hopefully someone who knows chimes in.

From my just now Google search i found this which as I read it basically says there are two species and they have not successfully cross bred as hybrid males are not capable of reproducing. Sounds kind of like mules;)

As for the smaller animals mentioned by Lon, I have to think one of two things; smaller size due to habitat and genetics in that region, but still Savanna elephants. Similar to Kudu in the East Cape vs. further North.

Or there are just not big mature animals present. However Lon mentioned they were tracking a particularly large specimen. So perhaps it is the latter and just not as many truly big mature males in the area.

Another question for Lon would be regarding age based on teeth of animals taken in the past. Are animals being taken on their 5th or 6th set of molars or are they younger than that?

No matter what the situation is, this is one heck of a good deal for an elephant hunt! I'm sure the tracking and experience is just as big as anywhere;)

Lou and I had a big bull in terms of size. He almost dwarfed the other elephants. The wind betrayed us. My guess he was 30-35 pounds and clearly the largest one we saw. If they are hunting the same area I got my elephant a month ago that could be him!!! Just remember the average is 15-25 pounds so clearly this was a great one. Yes the experience was simply outstanding with our working hard morning to dark arriving home exhausted but happy having put in a great days proper elephant hunt!!!!!

Strongly interested. Can you secure a bow permit? If so, I suspect you will be seeing my very soon. I would add on a hippo and/or croc if possible as well.

I bow hunt exclusively and still need to get my elephant (and hippo and croc) for the Big 5/Dangerous 7.

Strongly interested. Can you secure a bow permit? If so, I suspect you will be seeing my very soon. I would add on a hippo and/or croc if possible as well.

I bow hunt exclusively and still need to get my elephant (and hippo and croc) for the Big 5/Dangerous 7.
Bow hunting elephant is disallowed in Zimbabwe.

That sounds like a great offer!

Lon how many days are included? Please tell us more about the hunts. Are these cull hunts, non trophy, or trophy bulls? How big is the area? Is it a tracking hunt in the day or is it a night hunt? Both? Do you expect to shoot the first bull meeting the requirements or do you hunt for the best available?

Hope you are doing well and business is good!
Hi,

10 full days of hunting.
Not a night time hunt, but night is legal.
The area covers about 50Ks x 50Ks
Exportable trophy bulls.
Do not expect for a ele with big ivory.
We are providing reasonably priced hunts, not vacations. If the PH determines it is a representative of the area bull. You are expected to shoot.

Lon

STUPID question, but what cartridge(s) do you recommend for hunting elephant in a BOLT ACTION rifle. The only big bore I have with a scope on it is a CZ .416 Rigby. Thanks!
.416 ideal.

Lon

If you are talking about Dwarf Forest Elephant. Those would be in West/Central Africa.
No not dwarf elephant. Genetics in thls area produce small elephants, but we ate getting big ele in the area.

Lon

Lou and I had a big bull in terms of size. He almost dwarfed the other elephants. The wind betrayed us. My guess he was 30-35 pounds and clearly the largest one we saw. If they are hunting the same area I got my elephant a month ago that could be him!!! Just remember the average is 15-25 pounds so clearly this was a great one. Yes the experience was simply outstanding with our working hard morning to dark arriving home exhausted but happy having put in a great days proper elephant hunt!!!!!
Hi Rare breed,
Lou and client tracked that bull for several days never able to cleary see the ivory. They had one unpleadant encounter with him. He did a full on charge, it ended when he envountered a big ant hill, he stopped a nd out hunters could not see the ivory.

We just finished a great 10day hunt.
Ele taken on 8th day 22x22. Fair honest hunt plenty of excitement.
Also a bit of frustration mid way typical elephant hunt.

Lon

We are waiting on a deposit. If it comes thru then there will be one left. After that, you never get a hunt like this for thid price.

Lon

Bow hunting elephant is disallowed in Zimbabwe.
sure?Thats a really surprise news.
I have met some Phs who guided guests with bows in Zimb and hunters who hunted ele with bows.
All illegal?
I don't think these people would take such a risk, the prisons in Zimbabwe are not exactly famous for their comfort.

@
Lon, you certainly know best of all about bowhunting on Ele.
A great price, but even more important is that hopefully your health will improve.
Foxi

Bowhunting may only take place on private (alienated) Land or tribal (communal) Land. Bowhunting on National Parks Safari areas is illegal in Zimbabwe.
Bowhunting Class A Game (Elephant, Cape Buffalo and Hippo) is permitted only by a special bowhunting permit has been granted by the General Director of the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority (ZPWMA). This permit must be applied for well before the Safari.

My understanding unless it has changed anyway.....

I'm sure folks would like to know how much the trophy fee is on a hyena.

Looks like you could put together a nice package hunt!

I hope some members take advantage of this great deal on a bull elephant hunt for the price of a buffalo;) Great way to get the experience at a low cost.
Hi, Hyena as a add on is $550.00. I do not know who offers a better price. This lady is magic on Hyena.

Lon

Bowhunting may only take place on private (alienated) Land or tribal (communal) Land. Bowhunting on National Parks Safari areas is illegal in Zimbabwe.
Bowhunting Class A Game (Elephant, Cape Buffalo and Hippo) is permitted only by a special bowhunting permit has been granted by the General Director of the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority (ZPWMA). This permit must be applied for well before the Safari.

My understanding unless it has changed anyway.....
Hi IVW,

You are 100% right. Legal, but no special permits being issued.

I would like to say strange things take place here.

Sometimes I think a tv series could be made about some of the going on, hosted by William Shatner.

The boss lady wants to know

1. What time frame does the hunt have to take place for this price to apply?

2. What are the accommodations? The Mucheni Tent camp, or the Suntwe lodge?
Hi, camp or lodge depends on where the elephant happen to be at that time.

Price is for 2024 only. So far we are 6 for 6. We begged for 2 more tags and got it. So lets fill it at a great price.

Lon

Well, if you can get a bow permit issued, I will take you up on this hunt. Seriously. If they will issue a bow permit, I will be there. I have an 85 lb Mathews Monster Safari that can crank even higher. I have put out 117 Ft-Lbs of Kinetic energy and 1.14 slug of momentum with it. Have all the right gear for an elephant bow hunt. Just looking for the permit and given my age, I don't want to wait much longer as I cannot keep pulling that kind of weight forever.

See if you can get a bow permit. I would love to come back to Zimbabwe. Hunting CV available if you need it.

Reactions: DCN
80lb is the minimum

STUPID question, but what cartridge(s) do you recommend for hunting elephant in a BOLT ACTION rifle. The only big bore I have with a scope on it is a CZ .416 Rigby. Thanks!

Solids only for elephant and 416 rifle is perfect 400 grain solids

IMG_6219.JPG

This is about the quality of elephant you can expect

sure?Thats a really surprise news.
I have met some Phs who guided guests with bows in Zimb and hunters who hunted ele with bows.
All illegal?
I don't think these people would take such a risk, the prisons in Zimbabwe are not exactly famous for their comfort.
Foxi, thank you for the question. In the context of my earlier post, my definition of "disallow" mirrors that of Merriam-Webster's as "refusing to allow." I would, therefore, stand behind my earlier post as I am quite certain that no special permits are being issued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneLor

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!

here with available dates for 2024/25