Hello from Scotland

Euan97

Reaction score
Media
Hi everyone, I’m Euan from the Highlands I’m Scotland. I’m a professional deer manager and forester. I hope to take a trip to South Africa for Plains Game in the next 2 or 3 years, and thought this forum would be a great place to start my research! Here’s a few photos of the species I shoot here in Scotland.

C5F7C7E7-5C86-46DE-A3B3-420FBFD7EB85.jpeg
431A4368-3B00-4E1C-BE4F-00CC9581D2B0.jpeg
B7309E6F-D868-4E3C-AE78-AF2B5C509A74.jpeg
BC0BBB4E-2D8A-4AE9-A864-58947E2FAC7B.jpeg
BEB092A4-F923-4C44-AB34-A2EF1DC8B81E.jpeg
F80E40F4-8308-4A99-BD5E-FA0247B372B8.jpeg
7FF84977-3835-44B9-92B5-279C4F1E87EC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Glad to have you here.

Welcome aboard!

Euan97, welcome to the AH forum! It looks like you have hunted well in Scotland! Congratulations!
Your rifle looks like a Sako? What caliber do you use? That is one huge suppressor!
You’re going to love hunting in Africa!

Hi Euan welcome from a fellow scot

(y) Welcome @Euan97 !

Great photos... Beautiful Countryside...! We would be happy to save you a place in the African bush fireside anytime you are ready!

Euan97, welcome to the AH forum! It looks like you have hunted well in Scotland! Congratulations!
Your rifle looks like a Sako? What caliber do you use? That is one huge suppressor!
You’re going to love hunting in Africa!
Throughout my career so far I’ve used mainly Sako and Tikka. I occasionally use a .243 for fallow and roe deer, but my current personal rifle is a Sako 85 synthetic stainless in .270. The suppressor is a reflex T8 one, cheap and effective but not the most robust.

BF3D7C04-E086-405E-AAA2-129B51FA9459.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH Euan97! Great photos!

Welcome to AH! You definitely found the right place to help plan an excellent first safari (or 2nd, 3rd, etc, for that matter!) Lots of great people and outfitters on here. I would love to hunt the highlands someday. Managed to make it to Ireland for fallow deer once, but I love the Scottish highlands. Bet you have some amazing stories!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome! Do you have any pics of the Loch Ness Monster?

Welcome aboard Euan97, you have a very interesting job. Getting paid to hunt sounds like a lot of fun to me. Do you work on the estate of a private individual or for some Governmental agency? Roughly how many deer do you take in a year's time?

Giday Euan and welcome to the A H forums where all manner of guns and hunting related addictions are catered for and encouraged

Hello Euan97,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Hi Euan, welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard Euan97, you have a very interesting job. Getting paid to hunt sounds like a lot of fun to me. Do you work on the estate of a private individual or for some Governmental agency? Roughly how many deer do you take in a year's time?
At the moment I work as a self employed individual helping to control deer populations on a wide variety of land holdings including some government land and some private land. I am still studying to complete my degree in forestry so I am only shooting around 150 deer a year for work in conjunction with my other roles, and then another 30-40 deer on land I shoot on a recreational basis.

Euan97, now I know that I'd have liked to have a job like yours!! I'm generally limited to two deer a year. One with a bow the other with a rifle or muzzleloader.

Welcome to AH Euan97!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyHandley

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.