- Mar 27, 2014
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Oil Field Security
Share This Page
- Oil Field Security
- State/Province of residence:
- Country of residence:
- How did you find AfricaHunting.com?:
- About You:
- I'm not very keen on trophy book records but I am very keen on fair chase hunting and fishing.
- I am a:
- Member of:
- NRA Life Member.
- Have you hunted in Africa?:
- Number of times I have hunted in Africa:
- My favorite African country:
- Not sure yet, I'd like to visit more of them, before I answer.
- Namibia (1), South Africa (3) & USA (most Western States, including AK & HI). Too bad spear fishing is not called "fish hunting" or, I could add a few extra countries (couldn't resist weaving that in somehow, sorry).
- Species I have hunted in Africa:
- Successfully Hunted: gemsbok, greater kudu, southern impala, bush duiker, klipspringer, common reedbok, mountain reedbok, steinbok, warthog, blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, red hartebeest, springbok, Burchell's zebra, Limpopo bushbuck, blesbok, cape buffalo (plus grouse, pigeons, doves and such likes). Some of the above I have taken in multiples. There are several more African species that I have actually hunted but did not get a shot at (bushpig, baboon, jackal, etc).
- My best African Trophy:
I guess you want the largest tape measure / trophy book type critter I have taken.
42" Cape Buffalo, Baruli Concession, just across The Olifants River from The Kruger Park, South Africa, (Army&Navy .450 No2 Nitro SxS Double Rifle).
However, all credit for finding him goes 1st to The Tracker, (Cepho) and 2nd to the PH (Hannes Swanepoel) not to me. All I did was keep my mouth shut, walk softly and shoot straight. Forrest Gump could have done the same.
- My favorite African trophies:
- The smell of thornbush and nitro powder smoke, lingering in my nostrils.
- My preferred weapon(s):
- Model 98 Mauser, double rifle (double barreled shotguns as well) and single shots (Farquarsons, Martinis and Rugers), in calibers and gauges suitable for whatever I am after.
- What weapon(s) do you hunt with?:
- My preferred optic(s):
- Swarovski, Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender, Khales and similar Austro-German optics.
- Gear I cannot live without:
- Where do I begin?
- My best hunting tip:
- Throw away your tape measure.
- My other interests:
Fly fishing (fresh and salt).
Spear fishing (snorkel, spear gun type).
I also SCUBA dive (so does my wife) but only for sight seeing, not for spear fishing.