Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
I got this from Our good Friend bluey and had to share.

A Brief
Introduction to the

Zimbabwe Theory of Quantum Mathematics

Also known as

Bobenomics

The day is very hot and you are passing the Keg and Sable in Borrowdale, so naturally you go in for a nice cold beer. The barman informs you that

One beer

now costs

150 000 Zimbabwe dollars

You can pay with three crisp new $50 000 notes, still damp from the printing press. Or, if you are feeling a bit bloody-minded, and if you can still source the coins ( remember those things : they were still quite common a few years ago ) you can sit back and enjoy a beer while the barman counts out

15 000 000 Zimbabwe one cent coins

But hold it ! We have a problem.

Each Zim one cent coin weighs 3 grams

So this little lot weighs in at

45 000 000 grams

or

45 000 kgs

or

45 Tonnes

After humping 45 tonnes of coins into the pub you are going to need a helluva lot more than one beer to cool down. But don`t panic - we have a plan. Like all brilliant ideas this one relies entirely on its simplicity.

Plan B : We sell the metal and drink the proceeds

There is a small legal question about smelting coin of the realm and exporting the resulting brass ingots. However we'll let the buyer worry about that one.

There doesn't seem to be an international price for brass. Its main ingredient, copper, has recently been selling for an all-time high of US $ 5 200 a tonne on the London Metal Exchange, but we won't be greedy. For a quick sale let's discount it to

U S $ 2 600 a tonne

We are now the proud owners of

U S $ 117 000

But we still can't buy that beer as the Keg is only allowed to accept Zimbabwe currency. We must resist the temptation to change our money on the lucrative but illegal black market ( only the Governor of the Reserve Bank and Cabinet Ministers are allowed to do that ) . So we change at the prevailing interbank mid rate which is

U S $ 1 : Zim $ 99 201,58

Our heap of U S green-backs now miraculously becomes a mountain of

Zim $ 11 606 584 860

For the uninitiated the billions start at the tenth figure, counting from the right.

So if the price of beer has not increased while we were doing this calculation you can now walk back into the Keg and order

77 377 beers !

HAPPY DRINKING

P S For current inflationary reasons it is advisable to review these figures on a daily basis.

Why do I feel like this will be the U.S. in the future?.....

LOL Sounds like an European country also known for its beer in the 1920's I do believe you've been there Bob.:beer:

LOL Sounds like an European country also known for its beer in the 1920's I do believe you've been there Bob.:beer:

Yes I use to have a 1920's 10,000 dollar note from there and at the time you couldn't buy a loaf of bread with it.:)

I got this from Our good Friend bluey and had to share.

A Brief
Introduction to the

Zimbabwe Theory of Quantum Mathematics

Also known as

Bobenomics

The day is very hot and you are passing the Keg and Sable in Borrowdale, so naturally you go in for a nice cold beer. The barman informs you that

One beer

now costs

150 000 Zimbabwe dollars

You can pay with three crisp new $50 000 notes, still damp from the printing press. Or, if you are feeling a bit bloody-minded, and if you can still source the coins ( remember those things : they were still quite common a few years ago ) you can sit back and enjoy a beer while the barman counts out

15 000 000 Zimbabwe one cent coins

But hold it ! We have a problem.

Each Zim one cent coin weighs 3 grams

So this little lot weighs in at

45 000 000 grams

or

45 000 kgs

or

45 Tonnes

After humping 45 tonnes of coins into the pub you are going to need a helluva lot more than one beer to cool down. But don`t panic - we have a plan. Like all brilliant ideas this one relies entirely on its simplicity.

Plan B : We sell the metal and drink the proceeds

There is a small legal question about smelting coin of the realm and exporting the resulting brass ingots. However we'll let the buyer worry about that one.

There doesn't seem to be an international price for brass. Its main ingredient, copper, has recently been selling for an all-time high of US $ 5 200 a tonne on the London Metal Exchange, but we won't be greedy. For a quick sale let's discount it to

U S $ 2 600 a tonne

We are now the proud owners of

U S $ 117 000

But we still can't buy that beer as the Keg is only allowed to accept Zimbabwe currency. We must resist the temptation to change our money on the lucrative but illegal black market ( only the Governor of the Reserve Bank and Cabinet Ministers are allowed to do that ) . So we change at the prevailing interbank mid rate which is

U S $ 1 : Zim $ 99 201,58

Our heap of U S green-backs now miraculously becomes a mountain of

Zim $ 11 606 584 860

For the uninitiated the billions start at the tenth figure, counting from the right.

So if the price of beer has not increased while we were doing this calculation you can now walk back into the Keg and order

77 377 beers !

HAPPY DRINKING

P S For current inflationary reasons it is advisable to review these figures on a daily basis.
@Bob puckett
I like your thinking
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg