ZG47 Trigger

Aaron N

AH legend
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
3,050
Reaction score
5,087
Location
Alberta, Canada
Media
7
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
A few years ago I purchased a ZG47 in 30-06, and I finally got around to taking it to the range to sight it in, I may have ran a couple shots through sit after I bought it, but I’m not certain. Well after the first shot, the trigger was stuck in the fire position. I took the action apart, and here is what I see.

C7B799FD-30D4-4664-8FEF-D5F5005A0B45.jpeg

The circled part stays pivoted and locked into place. Am I missing a spring? It looks like one could fit in this area.
3E6CDA51-2FBF-40EB-A143-2D8B8065BD1C.jpeg

I’m no trigger expert by any means. I thought I’d ask here before I sent an email to a ‘smith.

Am I better off saying eff it and replacing the trigger?
 
In your first picture the spring and pivot are upside down. Rotate it so that the spring slips into the round recess on the sear (silver piece) and you should be good to go. ;)
 
In your first picture the spring and pivot are upside down. Rotate it so that the spring slips into the round recess on the sear (silver piece) and you should be good to go. ;)
Thanks Milan,

I’ll check it out when I’m back home next week!
 
Did you get it to work? The spring goes into that circled area where you suspected a spring should go.
 
Did you get it to work? The spring goes into that circled area where you suspected a spring should go.
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot all about it. Took it apart and flipped that around, all is well now, thanks!
What do you torque the action/barrel screw to?
 
good to hear. I never used torque wrench on those so do not know. I just go "good and tight" with the screwdriver. So "hand-tight" would be my reply. If I had to guess then between 30 and 45 in-lb on the action screws, based on what I tighten my CZ455 to...probably half that on the barrel screw. Really just hand-tight is all I should say...LOL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,446
Members
170,586
Latest member
SelinaZimm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top