AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
A few years ago I purchased a ZG47 in 30-06, and I finally got around to taking it to the range to sight it in, I may have ran a couple shots through sit after I bought it, but I’m not certain. Well after the first shot, the trigger was stuck in the fire position. I took the action apart, and here is what I see.

C7B799FD-30D4-4664-8FEF-D5F5005A0B45.jpeg

The circled part stays pivoted and locked into place. Am I missing a spring? It looks like one could fit in this area.
3E6CDA51-2FBF-40EB-A143-2D8B8065BD1C.jpeg

I’m no trigger expert by any means. I thought I’d ask here before I sent an email to a ‘smith.

Am I better off saying eff it and replacing the trigger?

In your first picture the spring and pivot are upside down. Rotate it so that the spring slips into the round recess on the sear (silver piece) and you should be good to go. ;)

In your first picture the spring and pivot are upside down. Rotate it so that the spring slips into the round recess on the sear (silver piece) and you should be good to go. ;)
Thanks Milan,

I’ll check it out when I’m back home next week!

Did you get it to work? The spring goes into that circled area where you suspected a spring should go.

Did you get it to work? The spring goes into that circled area where you suspected a spring should go.
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot all about it. Took it apart and flipped that around, all is well now, thanks!
What do you torque the action/barrel screw to?

good to hear. I never used torque wrench on those so do not know. I just go "good and tight" with the screwdriver. So "hand-tight" would be my reply. If I had to guess then between 30 and 45 in-lb on the action screws, based on what I tighten my CZ455 to...probably half that on the barrel screw. Really just hand-tight is all I should say...LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross