Zeiss Terra Scope

t_stomski

AH senior member
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Does anybody have experience with zeiss Terra scopes? I was looking at getting 2x7x32 for my 375h&h, and my 12awg slug gun, but not sure about quality, especially for higher recoiled guns.
 
I have a couple of them. They are decent quality, value priced scopes. The glass is made in Austria and they‘re assembled in China. I have used one on my 375 with no issues. Honestly, I think Leupold VX3s are a better scope, for just a bit more $$.
 
I've been happy with two I have on some of my backup rifles. For the money, I think you get a quality, mid level optic.
 
I have a couple of them. They are decent quality, value priced scopes. The glass is made in Austria and they‘re assembled in China. I have used one on my 375 with no issues. Honestly, I think Leupold VX3s are a better scope, for just a bit more $$.
'Had a Leuopold 1.75-6x on my .416 (1-hole groups) and then put it on my Son's .375 (<1" consistently with factory ammo) when I got the Trijicon 1-6x. 'Looked through a friend's Zeiss Terra binos during deer season (they seemed better than most $500ish models,) but once I started comparing all available options at Euro Optic, 'settled on Blaser's Primus model (demo, $1K off). 'Have no idea who makes 'em, but they are phenomenal! Watch out for the Monkey Pox in the box!!!
 
Last edited:
Ive got a 2-7x on a 35 Whelen and a 3-9x on a .375 H&H..

They arent comparable to the Conquest or other Zeiss lines.. but for the money, they arent a bad optic at all.. They certainly can take a beating, hold zero well, etc.. you just arent going to get the same sort of clarity, light gathering, etc that you are going to get from Zeiss' higher end options..

I'd put them on par with low to mid level leupold or mid level Vortex options..
 
I also considered fixed power scope, (4power) especially for my slug gun, but those are hard to come by.
I'll look into low power variable Leopolds, and meopta too.
Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,286
Messages
1,571,717
Members
169,400
Latest member
ECVJordan
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top