Winchester 70 - 416Rigby

Alcornoque

AH senior member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
95
Reaction score
21
Media
23
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Argentina, Spain, Turkey,...
Friends,

how are you all!
Its been time since I do not hung around the frum, I have been busy ar work.

I got I question for you all.
Have you ever seen a winchester 70 or pre 64 transformed into a 416Rigby? it is posible to open this action to fit this 416Rigby cartige?

The thing is I love 416Rigby and one of my favourite action is the Winchester 70.
I guess it would not be a bad idea to have a 416Rigby with a winchester action!


Looking forwad to get your comments-

Thanks
 
I am fairly certain that in 1994 Winchester made the mod 70 in 416 Rem Mag in their Clasic Super Express. I therefore assume that as long the action on your Winchester is magnum length the gunsmith should be able to rebarrel for 416 Rigby. As far as I know Winchester never actually chambered the big Rigby as factory standard. I am also sure that many such conversions have been done in the past and will continue to be done in the future.
 
416 rigby

the short of a long answer is Yes. The M70 can be made into a Rigby, you have to cut quite a bit of metal out
of it but it can be done, hell a M98 can be made into a Rigby--about the same! I have seen a number of M70's
that were made into 416 rigbys. Good luck on your project

Ed
 
I would not recommend such a project as way too much metal needs to be removed. If you want a .416 Rigby, simply get a CZ, Dakota or Ruger in .416 Rigby. It will cost less and likely work better. It will certainly be stronger without all that metal cut away.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,031
Members
169,688
Latest member
tg88voto
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top