Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Argentina, Spain, Turkey,...
Friends,

how are you all!
Its been time since I do not hung around the frum, I have been busy ar work.

I got I question for you all.
Have you ever seen a winchester 70 or pre 64 transformed into a 416Rigby? it is posible to open this action to fit this 416Rigby cartige?

The thing is I love 416Rigby and one of my favourite action is the Winchester 70.
I guess it would not be a bad idea to have a 416Rigby with a winchester action!

Looking forwad to get your comments-

Thanks

I am fairly certain that in 1994 Winchester made the mod 70 in 416 Rem Mag in their Clasic Super Express. I therefore assume that as long the action on your Winchester is magnum length the gunsmith should be able to rebarrel for 416 Rigby. As far as I know Winchester never actually chambered the big Rigby as factory standard. I am also sure that many such conversions have been done in the past and will continue to be done in the future.

416 rigby

the short of a long answer is Yes. The M70 can be made into a Rigby, you have to cut quite a bit of metal out
of it but it can be done, hell a M98 can be made into a Rigby--about the same! I have seen a number of M70's
that were made into 416 rigbys. Good luck on your project

Ed

I would not recommend such a project as way too much metal needs to be removed. If you want a .416 Rigby, simply get a CZ, Dakota or Ruger in .416 Rigby. It will cost less and likely work better. It will certainly be stronger without all that metal cut away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!