Which one and why?

Flbt

AH elite
Joined
Jan 26, 2025
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
2,816
Location
Fl
Media
1
Hunted
Us
I have been offered my choice of 1 of 2 rifle’s
I really wish I did not have to chose
A friend died after family he wanted to leave a gun to some of his friends there were spiffick ones of his collection set aside for the choice
I was told the 2 I would have to choose from
#1 a savage 99 take down in 250-3000
The rub he thought the barrel was shot out I try to help clean it and see if it was copper fouled don’t think so
It’s has the rotator mag with the counter
I don’t know if you could re chamber it I heard the mag were very case spiffick ( I don’t reload so no wild cat)
#2 is a 1960 ish cz j9 I think basically a 60s fancy sporting Mauser it’s in 8mm looks good for what it is
I have one of them in 6mm Remington
If I do get one of them
I do plan on hunting with it to kinda keep hunting with my friend
 
Neither is a high dollar value rifle… I’d pick the one you most associate with your friend and / or the one you think would bring you most joy..

An [emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]mm Mauser is going to be a lot easier to feed than a [emoji638][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]]]-[emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]]] since you’re not a hand loader..

But for me, the savage [emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]] is a really cool rifle that holds a special place in my heart…
 
Well they both were just ones he picked up over the years so neater were relly spical and I helped him with both a bit why I am thinking they were my choice

With it being a take down will another barel fit?
And if not what could it be rechamberd or re bored to that would work in the magazine?
The 2 savage 250 case caliber are the 250 and the 22-250 right?
 
3329161213_e774e99313_b.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
+[emoji637] for the Savage
On top of being a unique lever action and a take down to boot (an under appreciated feature), they’ve climbed in value the last several years.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,312
Members
169,336
Latest member
JennyKneeb
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top