Where to go next?? 7000th post!!!

Elephant my friend....ELEPHANT!

I agree with CAustin. Elephant is one of the toughest and most rewarding hunts I have done. Nothing like 25 hard kms in the Kalahari only to be busted by a fickle breeze! And when you finally close and you are looking up at your bull, ok I’ve talked myself into it...

Leopard with @Nyamazana Safaris in Bubiana Conservancy, Drummond Ranch. It's a more expensive hunt but the place is loaded with leopard that feed on wild game, not cattle. Success rate on leopard is very high (sold out for 2019, booking for 2020), there is also good plains game hunting to take advantage of while you are there and the place if full of night critters (Civet, Genet, African Wildcat, Sharpe's Grysbok) if that intrigues you. You would have to ask Wayne if he has any elephant quota there in 2020, to combine with the leopard, as you should have plenty of extra days after you take your leopard the first week.

Leopard with @Nyamazana Safaris in Bubiana Conservancy, Drummond Ranch. It's a more expensive hunt but the place is loaded with leopard that feed on wild game, not cattle. Success rate on leopard is very high (sold out for 2019, booking for 2020), there is also good plains game hunting to take advantage of while you are there and the place if full of night critters (Civet, Genet, African Wildcat, Sharpe's Grysbok) if that intrigues you. You would have to ask Wayne if he has any elephant quota there in 2020, to combine with the leopard, as you should have plenty of extra days after you take your leopard the first week.

Yes I've heard great things about the cats in that area!

This place has been a great resource for me over the years for all things Africa! I have spoken with quite a few of you on the phone and been able to meet quite a few more in person at the past 2 DSC AH dinners. I appreciate the opportunity to be a member here and be able to post as well as absorb information daily.

Back to the title of the post, where to go next.....

I'll be turning 40 this year and would like to look at doing something big or special. Fortunately I've been able to go on what I consider many special trips already. Anyways, I'll be at DSC in a few weeks and plan on speaking with all my trusted outfitters/friends that I already know, and probably speaking to a few more to get acquainted.

I've been to Zimbabwe and Zambia the past two years, and have been to SA a few times as well. I'm thinking maybe elephant in Zim (I am now ok with having replicas made, where I was unsure of that in the past), or leopard in Zim or Namibia.

Maybe adding buff to the ele in Zim for a great bang for the buck experience?

I also would like to go to Australia for buff, and there are a few countries in Europe I want to visit as well. The wine route in SA is also on the list, so a PG/sightseeing trip is not out of the question either.

Any thoughts are welcomed friends... I have a good idea of what I will probably lean towards, but you never know..

All the best,
Charles
Charles,
Whatever you choose, I look forward to reading about it. I wouldn't overlook Northern Moz in the Niassa for a leopard. Maybe not the size of Zim or Namibia leopards but success is very high. I got a cancellation hunt in 2013 to get mine and the guy that cancelled had killed four in four hunts with a bow! I used a rifle and got a nice tom my first day in the blind at 4:50pm in the daylight. The leopards are not spooky there with very few people around. Good buffalo and sable there as well. I also got a Niassa Wildebeest.

If you like plains game, a trip to Masailand for the unique species there is affordable with the right operator. I used Nathan Askew of Bullet Safaris.

My ultimate trip was for a bongo but I almost died doing it but that's another story.

Cheers, Scott

Kinda figured that would be your vote!! Trust me its high on the short list(y)
How come all of us seem to have a "short" list is so long?

Elephant, leopard and bongo are my vote for Africa.
Polar bear in Canada, although you are not allowed to bring back the hide anymore.
Red Stag in Argentina would be an adventure as well.

How come all of us seem to have a "short" list is so long?

Elephant, leopard and bongo are my vote for Africa.
Polar bear in Canada, although you are not allowed to bring back the hide anymore.
Red Stag in Argentina would be an adventure as well.
Yes, Polar Bear but can't bring home thanks to Obama. What a bummer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!