www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Acacia’s scream Africa to me. They are everywhere. I’ve wanted to see a Boab but have never had the opportunity.

Doug3006

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia
You know when you see it, it just screams Africa. So here are some contenders so long, maybe on of our IT gurus can make a live vote.
Flat top acacia
Baobab
Sausage tree (kigelia)
Pod mahogany
Albida
Msasa
Camel thorn
Knobthorn
Leadwood
Tamboeti
Marula

my choice sa far - sausage tree, with the expectation of a leopard up there.
Baobab Is my vote. Here’s the biggest I’ve seen. About 120 feet tall. Hard to guess the diameter. Located in Dande North.
758FC114-C15F-4E92-A055-F66B7CE281B9.jpeg

Aaron N

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
I’m not sure about the most iconic three, but the thorn has to be southern Africa’s iconic flower!

Hank2211

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
Baobab trees are certainly iconic, as are lone acacias. But a fever tree forest at dawn - that impressed me!

P1160163.jpeg

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Baobab trees are certainly iconic, as are lone acacias. But a fever tree forest at dawn - that impressed me!

View attachment 425469
Something etherial about fever trees, that light green bark is striking. I believe it is the only tree that photosynthesises through the bark.

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
You may have gathered I like trees. On our Harare property we have 53 species of trees that were here naturally and we have added many Zambezi trees including baobab, ebony, buffalo thorn, marula, rain tree, sausage tree, leadwood, mopane, stikulia, pink jacaranda, wisteria and knobthorn. All are doing well except the mopane, I think they need company to thrive.

John Telford

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Phasa ,SA Wingshooters, Botswana Tourism (HATAB), Pretoria Arms and Ammunition Association PAAA.
Hunted
South Africa , Botswana,
I’m with IVW - Adisonia Digitata.

John Telford

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Phasa ,SA Wingshooters, Botswana Tourism (HATAB), Pretoria Arms and Ammunition Association PAAA.
Hunted
South Africa , Botswana,
You may have gathered I like trees. On our Harare property we have 53 species of trees that were here naturally and we have added many Zambezi trees including baobab, ebony, buffalo thorn, marula, rain tree, sausage tree, leadwood, mopane, stikulia, pink jacaranda, wisteria and knobthorn. All are doing well except the mopane, I think they need company to thrive.
Mohane difficult to grow! I tried to grow them to bonsai as a school project back in the day. They are very soil specific.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benhvienkhoa

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?