Wanted Browning Superposed 12 Or 20

Midas8000

AH member
Reaction score
looking for a couple browning superposed. Have sold my Citoris for upland hunting and looking to switch back to superposed for my son and I. Will entertain all models an barrel lengths. Please message details. Thanks in advance

Have you checked on Gunbroker or Guns International?

It would be helpful to any prospective sellers for the buyer to give an indication of what prices he has in mind for the various grades.

I've owned a number of Supers in both 12 and 20. I recommend that you opt for an older gun from the 50s or early 60s at least. In the Super 20 especially the early 2-3/4" chambered guns were better made and had lighter barrels which, iMO made then nicer to mount and handle.

After a bunch of trading I'm down to a 1952 20 gauge (28" solid rib bbl) and a 1937 12 gauge (28" solid rib).

Older Superposed guns are a great value in 12 or 20 gauge, considering quality/$$.

Blasphemy alert - Citori guns are better built...

If you're really interested in the elegant side of the spectrum then a Superposed is perfect. If you're more interested in killing stuff across the globe, then I'd say a Citori especially ones built in the mid 1980's through to 1990's are the most rugged hunting shotgun ever built.

I think I've posed this before but this is the inside of my 34 year old duck hunting Citori. I hunt waterfowl 45+ days a year with this gun since 1987 without a single problem other than having to replace the latch spring once. I was almost afraid to open it up because as the years progressed I had hunted more and more often in salt marshes and offshore...anyway this is what I found...

51335241531_92f3e9f406_b.jpg

I q-tipped on some lubricant and closed 'er back up. I figure I'll check it again in 2043 or so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Blasphemy alert - Citori guns are better built...
Citoris are ok - I've owned a number of them. They all went down the road.

My 1937 Super 12 has killed a boxcar full of ducks on fresh and salt water. I've only owned it since 1971 and have never taken it apart. I wash off the salt spray and mud, use a hair dryer to dry it, put a little oil on it and it's good to go again. I did retire it from waterfowling a few years ago, but it's still worked on targets and feral pigeons.

the citori,s are built for the long haul, i have several that have fired thousands and thousands of shells in the clay games, my trap one has eaten over 40,000 rounds of reloads and factory with no repairs at all, only a good cleaning once a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greattemple

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.