Wanted 470 NE Ammunition For Both The Range & Hunting

robertstuart

Reaction score
As title states I am looking for some ammo I would like some stuff just to shoot at the range.

I would also like to find some federal ammo or another good factory ammo for hunting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

For your hunting ammo, go to the Federal Premium website and order it from them. If the loads you want are shown as "currently unavailable"---which they likely will be--then go to the Federal Custom Shop on the menu and order what you want. Big bore rifle ammo is hard to find right now, especially Federal's Swift A-Frame and Trophy Bonded Bear Claw. I recently ordered a box of 416 Rigby from Federal's custom shop. It's pricey and too expensive for shooting at the range, but they will get it for you.
For range ammo, you should have better luck finding Norma or Hornady ammo online at the online ammo dealers.
Good luck.

Federal uses quality components, but there's plenty of information out there showing it can vary significantly in performance from box to box. You can also find some Norma PH line with woodleigh solids that you can shoot out of new and vintage doubles. I'd be careful shooting the Barnes factory ammo out of vintage doubles. I haven't seen any Hornady for a while now - would be great to see it on the shelves or online. All are pricey, but use your cases for future reloads.

If you own a double, only one type of ammo will work, the one regulated to your gun at the factory. Is your gun a single shot where you don't care about pressure/accuracy/regulation?

Best deal running on ammo is the occasional sale on nosler dot com where they sell the 470NE solid ammo for half off, then another 50% off. That ends up being a price cheaper than you can get primed brass, plus the bullets are worth $4 each. I just take them apart and handload them to proper specs for my gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winworldrealty

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.