Wanted .458 Bullets For Testing

OIDG

Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe
Howdy all, I wanted to reach out to see if anyone would be willing to sell me a few .458 dangerous game bullets (not loaded ammo) in the 300 to 450 grain range that I can test out. Long story short, I have a custom smokeless muzzleloader that shoots a swaged .451 bullet at 325 grains around 2750 fps (550 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle). This custom muzzleloader is incredibly accurate. I have a trip to South Africa planned this summer and am considering hunting a Cape buffalo with a this muzzleloader. The bullets this firearm currently shoots, Pittman Aeromax 325 grains, are designed for thin skinned game and I wouldn't dare try to shoot a buffalo with them. After talking with the firearm manufacturer, they recommended I swage down in steps a .458 Swift A-frame or CEB to .451 and test for accuracy. I'm sure all of you know the scarcity of these bullets right now and I wanted to test the waters to see if anyone had a couple projectiles they would be willing to sell for testing purposes. Also, if anyone knows of any retailers with .458's in the 300 grain to 450 grain range that are in stock, I would the grateful for that information as well. I'm extremely grateful for your consideration.

Don`t know if this will be of any help? Last night I ran across this company qual-cart.com Their Freight-Train Bullets in 400 gr look
like they may work. Maybe someone else can advise. Wayne

Don`t know if this will be of any help? Last night I ran across this company qual-cart.com Their Freight-Train Bullets in 400 gr look
like they may work. Maybe someone else can advise. Wayne
Thank you sir, I will reach out to them.

Howdy all, I wanted to reach out to see if anyone would be willing to sell me a few .458 dangerous game bullets (not loaded ammo) in the 300 to 450 grain range that I can test out. Long story short, I have a custom smokeless muzzleloader that shoots a swaged .451 bullet at 325 grains around 2750 fps (550 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle). This custom muzzleloader is incredibly accurate. I have a trip to South Africa planned this summer and am considering hunting a Cape buffalo with a this muzzleloader. The bullets this firearm currently shoots, Pittman Aeromax 325 grains, are designed for thin skinned game and I wouldn't dare try to shoot a buffalo with them. After talking with the firearm manufacturer, they recommended I swage down in steps a .458 Swift A-frame or CEB to .451 and test for accuracy. I'm sure all of you know the scarcity of these bullets right now and I wanted to test the waters to see if anyone had a couple projectiles they would be willing to sell for testing purposes. Also, if anyone knows of any retailers with .458's in the 300 grain to 450 grain range that are in stock, I would the grateful for that information as well. I'm extremely grateful for your consideration.
Just for clarification, I had a typo. It should read "5500 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle". It doesn't appear that I can edit my original post on this forum.

Another thought. maybe they can use their CNC to make exactly what you are looking for. Wayne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!