Wanted 404 Jeff Brass And/Or Ammo

RWS is great brass. I load RWS brass for my 404J hunting loads.

They are cleaner and nicer looking brass than betram. Betram still needs to work on their brass. They are little bit crude. Also don't know how many times it can be reloaded.
Krish

Have you seen one of these.
20231014_211453.jpg

Was this recently? I was told the had stopped manufacturing. Also was that a custom order on the 404 Jeff or is that a caliber they normally have?

HH

Was this recently? I was told the had stopped manufacturing. Also was that a custom order on the 404 Jeff or is that a caliber they normally have?

HH
This one came with one of the 404j. The owner of the estate had some WR firearms. The seller only only sold me the cz custome 404j and kept the WR's.
Krish

HH

I bought five boxes of RWS 404J brass a couple of years ago. I use it for hunting loads. For practice I use Norma or Hornady brass.

It can be difficult to get reliable information on some ammunition manufacturers, they seem to be poor at public communications. So I have no idea whether the have discontinued the 404J brass. Seems like they wouldn't do this in the face of the rebounding popularity of the cartridge.

I was going g to list it for 1100 on gb. Here I can do 1000 for 5 boxes. That is what I have sent a pm to OP. IN GUN BROKER you may have to pay taxes. You save taxes and I save the fee.
KRISH

Is this what brass is currently going for in the US? I paid R4,000 for 100 (101 when I opened the bags) of new Norma brass recently which I know was a bit of a bargain. New stock recently dropped in SA at around R3,800 per 50 but all were gone before you knew it.

I bought five boxes of RWS 404J brass a couple of years ago. I use it for hunting loads. For practice I use Norma or Hornady brass.

It can be difficult to get reliable information on some ammunition manufacturers, they seem to be poor at public communications. So I have no idea whether the have discontinued the 404J brass. Seems like they wouldn't do this in the face of the rebounding popularity of the cartridge.
Page 283 of African Dangerous Game Cartridges by Pierre van der Walt is where I read that RWS ceased making 404 ammunition and components around 2000.

Is this what brass is currently going for in the US? I paid R4,000 for 100 (101 when I opened the bags) of new Norma brass recently which I know was a bit of a bargain. New stock recently dropped in SA at around R3,800 per 50 but all were gone before you knew it.
Certainly not for common cartridges. Good lapua brass in 30-06 is a little over $1. Norma 375 H&H is about $1.80 at the moment. But 404 is unfortunately a supply and demand issue. Who knows when it will be readily available again. Did you find Norma 404 brass for sale in SA? I haven’t seen any new stock in a long time.

Some of us have a bad habit of misplacing our 404J ammunition in Africa and have an ongoing need to replace those components for the next trip over. You know Bidenomics is working when a client from the US is shopping for 404J cases in Africa due to availability and lower cost.

Certainly not for common cartridges. Good lapua brass in 30-06 is a little over $1. Norma 375 H&H is about $1.80 at the moment. But 404 is unfortunately a supply and demand issue. Who knows when it will be readily available again. Did you find Norma 404 brass for sale in SA? I haven’t seen any new stock in a long time.

I bought my two bags on another forum. I believe the owner had them in mind for forming to another caliber. I had an option on a few bags in Namibia but found the other opportunity easier.

I did not see any listed by retailers. From one supplier I heard that the importers received no 404 or 470 and others said all were taken up on back order before hitting the shelves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillianPet

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.