AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX, CA and NC
I need to buy 1 or 2 more boxes of federal premium 200 grain trophy bonded bear claw ammo for a 300 win mag to complete the amount I need for a June leopard hunt and I am being told by midway they have been discontinued. I was wondering if any of you had a box or two I could buy or trade for?

Try gun broker as that’s where I found some in different sizes last year

2nd that about Gun broker they are on there quite often the last two boxes that were listed were 200 gr federal premium safari TB Bear-claws a week or so ago

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 7.42.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 7.42.23 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 7.42.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 7.42.29 AM.png
    817 KB · Views: 145
Thriller, I reload and prefer non nickel brass. If you just keep the cartridges clean and dry they should treat you well. Nickel plating is mainly to prevent corrosion. Some say it helps in feeding, but I have never noticed any improvement. JMO&E

Thriller, I reload and prefer non nickel brass. If you just keep the cartridges clean and dry they should treat you well. Nickel plating is mainly to prevent corrosion. Some say it helps in feeding, but I have never noticed any improvement. JMO&E
Yea but the bullets are nickel plated too which is what I am curious about.

Yea but the bullets are nickel plated too which is what I am curious about.
That is Federal’s latest design. No idea why other than the corrosion question, or may be just to recognize the latest which I have read is a bit different structurally than the previous design.
Interesting question.

I have a Kimber Mountain Accent in 300 WSM that does not feed plane brass well but loves the Federal Premium nickel plated stuff.

And I have a 505 Gibbs that will puck every nickle plated shell out the top unless I scratch them up with sandpaper.

It all depends....

Well if anyone has some I would very much appreciate it. Thank you for all of y’all’s advice to this point. Just trying to match what I have exactly for sighting in purposes.

I have 35 rounds. I could use some 5.7x28 pistol ammo. And I'm sure some others.. what do you have? 450 no. 2 3 1/2" ;)
20201222_100632.jpg

Would like to say thank you to @ActionBob for helping me out on finding these bullets they just arrived and I now have all I need for my June trip.

You are very welcome @thriller

I hope you have a fantastic trip and a great adventure!!! Good luck and hope you get everything you are hunting for;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abferrell60

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.