Victor #14 jump trap with teeth

Uncontrolled_round_feed

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jul 26, 2023
Messages
449
Reaction score
1,213
Media
7
Hello. I have a couple dozen old #14 jump traps with teeth. Still functional (and oddly enough, still legal locally for beaver). Mostly I think they are a conversation piece / decoration for a man cave that some here might have interest in.

Pics of some examples.
$40 + est USPS shipping cost OBO
IMG_1703.jpeg

IMG_0440.jpeg
 
These are directional traps, and have been known to catch and hold wolves. I used them when I started out trapping (now I only use #9's for wolves). Leaving anthropomorphic thinking out of it to avoid a discussion about cruelty. The teeth provide the benefit of puncture the skin and allows fluid to drain from the wound. That make it easier to skin out, and I believe it is less painful to the animal. Kinda like when you have blood under your finger nail and burn a hole in it to relieve the pressure. It provides instant relief. These traps are still in use in my area as well. I have a couple dozen floating around, but they are rare and getting harder to find.
 
I also have 21 non-toothed versions available (#4 jumps) for sale $28 apiece + actual shipping. Good for trapping or decoration. PM if interested.
 
Seriously... if they were closer to the old "bear trap" size which are hard to find and I believe were outlawed back a few decades ago. I wouldn't mind getting a couple or four,.. for posterity....and possibly for anti burglar "alarms". Its Illegal to set home booby traps in some if not all states.

But officer,...I used that dangling imitation gold watch for bait. Well, damn!...Can't bait criminals in some states either.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,364
Messages
1,574,312
Members
170,004
Latest member
AlisonSnow
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top