USPS Incompetence!

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
Well, I didn’t think it would/could happen, but the USPS has “lost” my Certified Mail letter containing a USPS MO for some ammo I purchased from another member here. I/they (since it’s certified and in their computerized delivery system) mailed it on 4-8-21. I had told the seller no hurry on shipping the ammo. So, this morning I checked the tracking number since I hadn’t heard back from the seller, and found out it never left Colorado Springs and was sent to another P.O. HERE on 4-10. They’re trying to locate it now. Unbelievable!
It’s a good thing I always keep ALL of my receipts when dealing with these idiots!

Not sure incompetence even begins to describe this organization...I could list all the things lost but I don't have the time. They even managed to lose my original marriage license back in 2007. From the clerks office to my house is less than a mile and the post office is in between the two. It boggles the mind.

CEH, that sucks. Hopefully you get it sorted.
Oh, I’ll get it sorted out all right, but what does one have to do to get something mailed to it’s destination with a tracking number?

My uncle told me a joke when i was a kid (here's the cleaned up version): (BTW-I never received one of my Christmas Gifts from my Daughter (also in CO), "shipped" via USPS.)

What do USPS and PayLess Shoes have in common? 500,000 Loafers In-Stock! (the orig. late '70s version was more colorful.)

Ab
Well, I didn’t think it would/could happen, but the USPS has “lost” my Certified Mail letter containing a USPS MO for some ammo I purchased from another member here. I/they (since it’s certified and in their computerized delivery system) mailed it on 4-8-21. I had told the seller no hurry on shipping the ammo. So, this morning I checked the tracking number since I hadn’t heard back from the seller, and found out it never left Colorado Springs and was sent to another P.O. HERE on 4-10. They’re trying to locate it now. Unbelievable!
It’s a good thing I always keep ALL of my receipts when dealing with these idiots!
ah yes I had one go missing in January for about a week. I wish you the best of luck

Not to change the subject because the USPS does suck, but I didn't think that they would ship loaded ammo and that it had to go UPS or FedEx ground

Not to dispute the trials and tribulations that have been shared... but a different perspective.

Living in a rural Alaskan community, the USPS is our best bet. They have always done well by me in my 20ish years in the community in which I reside. We have intermittent UPS service, and it's a lot more expensive. UPS has lost a number of items for me, mostly from Amazon orders (a queen sized bed once - seriously). And FedEx? They don't even make it to us. They will TELL you they do. If something gets shipped FedEx, it makes to to Anchorage, sits there a while, and then someone from FedEx takes it to the post office... and mails it the rest of the way.

Again... I get that everyone's pain is real. Maybe it's easier to feel warm fuzzies about the USPS when they are the only reliable option. Happy Wednesday everyone.

I've flat out boycotted USPS due to their incompetence. UPS for everything and haven't had an issue since. I gladly pay a few bucks more to know my things arrive when their suppose to.

I'd be interested to hear how the international community outside US feels about their delivery systems.

I'd be interested to hear how the international community outside US feels about their delivery systems.

In Poland I avoid public mail service like a plague. They are incompetent, disorganised utterly useless and rude. Luckily courier companies are good.

Last week I was waiting for some firearms related documents from the Police, they called me and politely suggested I pick it up in person as mail service tends to lose registered letters from them.

Not to change the subject because the USPS does suck, but I didn't think that they would ship loaded ammo and that it had to go UPS or FedEx ground
USPS doesn't ship loaded ammo. Apparently, they don't reliably "ship" payments with a tracking number to buy that ammo either! This is the SECOND fiasco I've had with them in mailing 10-12 MOs in just over a year. That isn't a good percentage for them? Extrapolate that to the millions of MOs mailed and that's a LOT of missing/jacked up mail delivery! Maybe they're using Chinese made tracking software for our mail system?

I would like to see a test between the USPS and carrier pigeons as far as delivery times for a simple check carried/delivered for a payment on goods. My money is on the carrier pigeons!

You know I read that it was a money order and then ammo and my brain had a brain fart and thought just ammo.

It would be a little bit more in cost but I have had real good service with FedEx next day envelope service.

I sent out two MO, they were sent priority 2-3 day, that actually turned into 2.5 weeks for one and 3 weeks for the other.

I now send Express, it's 10.00 more so far 50% of the time I receive my money back due to the missed time of delivery. The 10.00 is also worth the stress taken off me.

YMMV

It's ashamed at how bad they are trump was right time for them to be private.
they lost a water bill i sent in and i had to pay a late fee, two weeks later the water co. called saying they just got my payment, ask them to shred it and they said ok.

UPS can be dofusses too. Had an action shipped to a gun shop that' only opens at 2:00 p.m., never earlier and it's been that way for years. They get hundreds of guns shipped to them. I would supsect most need an adult signature. What does UPS do with my action? Tries to deliver it at 11:00 a.m. then I get a delivery exception. Got another coming today but ran interference on this one. Got a call it was ready for pickup. Like every other instance of FUBARS, blame it on the Chinese virus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg