USPS Incompetence!

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Well, I didn’t think it would/could happen, but the USPS has “lost” my Certified Mail letter containing a USPS MO for some ammo I purchased from another member here. I/they (since it’s certified and in their computerized delivery system) mailed it on 4-8-21. I had told the seller no hurry on shipping the ammo. So, this morning I checked the tracking number since I hadn’t heard back from the seller, and found out it never left Colorado Springs and was sent to another P.O. HERE on 4-10. They’re trying to locate it now. Unbelievable!
It’s a good thing I always keep ALL of my receipts when dealing with these idiots!

TXhunter65

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DU, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA,TX, LA, CO
Not sure incompetence even begins to describe this organization...I could list all the things lost but I don't have the time. They even managed to lose my original marriage license back in 2007. From the clerks office to my house is less than a mile and the post office is in between the two. It boggles the mind.

C.W. Richter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
My uncle told me a joke when i was a kid (here's the cleaned up version): (BTW-I never received one of my Christmas Gifts from my Daughter (also in CO), "shipped" via USPS.)

What do USPS and PayLess Shoes have in common? 500,000 Loafers In-Stock! (the orig. late '70s version was more colorful.)

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
Ab
Well, I didn’t think it would/could happen, but the USPS has “lost” my Certified Mail letter containing a USPS MO for some ammo I purchased from another member here. I/they (since it’s certified and in their computerized delivery system) mailed it on 4-8-21. I had told the seller no hurry on shipping the ammo. So, this morning I checked the tracking number since I hadn’t heard back from the seller, and found out it never left Colorado Springs and was sent to another P.O. HERE on 4-10. They’re trying to locate it now. Unbelievable!
It’s a good thing I always keep ALL of my receipts when dealing with these idiots!
ah yes I had one go missing in January for about a week. I wish you the best of luck

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
Not to change the subject because the USPS does suck, but I didn't think that they would ship loaded ammo and that it had to go UPS or FedEx ground

Tundra Tiger

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Not to dispute the trials and tribulations that have been shared... but a different perspective.

Living in a rural Alaskan community, the USPS is our best bet. They have always done well by me in my 20ish years in the community in which I reside. We have intermittent UPS service, and it's a lot more expensive. UPS has lost a number of items for me, mostly from Amazon orders (a queen sized bed once - seriously). And FedEx? They don't even make it to us. They will TELL you they do. If something gets shipped FedEx, it makes to to Anchorage, sits there a while, and then someone from FedEx takes it to the post office... and mails it the rest of the way.

Again... I get that everyone's pain is real. Maybe it's easier to feel warm fuzzies about the USPS when they are the only reliable option. Happy Wednesday everyone.

BnC 04

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, RMEF, DU, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
I've flat out boycotted USPS due to their incompetence. UPS for everything and haven't had an issue since. I gladly pay a few bucks more to know my things arrive when their suppose to.

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
I'd be interested to hear how the international community outside US feels about their delivery systems.

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
I'd be interested to hear how the international community outside US feels about their delivery systems.

In Poland I avoid public mail service like a plague. They are incompetent, disorganised utterly useless and rude. Luckily courier companies are good.

Last week I was waiting for some firearms related documents from the Police, they called me and politely suggested I pick it up in person as mail service tends to lose registered letters from them.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Not to change the subject because the USPS does suck, but I didn't think that they would ship loaded ammo and that it had to go UPS or FedEx ground
USPS doesn't ship loaded ammo. Apparently, they don't reliably "ship" payments with a tracking number to buy that ammo either! This is the SECOND fiasco I've had with them in mailing 10-12 MOs in just over a year. That isn't a good percentage for them? Extrapolate that to the millions of MOs mailed and that's a LOT of missing/jacked up mail delivery! Maybe they're using Chinese made tracking software for our mail system?

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
You know I read that it was a money order and then ammo and my brain had a brain fart and thought just ammo.

It would be a little bit more in cost but I have had real good service with FedEx next day envelope service.

Inline6

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent out two MO, they were sent priority 2-3 day, that actually turned into 2.5 weeks for one and 3 weeks for the other.

I now send Express, it's 10.00 more so far 50% of the time I receive my money back due to the missed time of delivery. The 10.00 is also worth the stress taken off me.

YMMV

markm

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
United States
It's ashamed at how bad they are trump was right time for them to be private.
they lost a water bill i sent in and i had to pay a late fee, two weeks later the water co. called saying they just got my payment, ask them to shred it and they said ok.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
UPS can be dofusses too. Had an action shipped to a gun shop that' only opens at 2:00 p.m., never earlier and it's been that way for years. They get hundreds of guns shipped to them. I would supsect most need an adult signature. What does UPS do with my action? Tries to deliver it at 11:00 a.m. then I get a delivery exception. Got another coming today but ran interference on this one. Got a call it was ready for pickup. Like every other instance of FUBARS, blame it on the Chinese virus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisweils

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.