USA Leopard Import Papers

JamieD

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
153
Reaction score
5
Media
8
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
I and a friend will be hunting in Zim. in Aug. his primary target will be sable and mine will be buf. and sable. As the outfitter has leopard on quota and will be baiting for the hunter before us, we both have added leopard to our list.

Under these conditions I am not sure of the odds of us getting a leopard. My question is, can the import papers for the US be filled out after the hunt if we are successful, or should they be filled out before we leave?
 
Not dead certain, but from faint recollection, I think you have to have the import permit in place. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.
 
The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service does not require that one applies for the Leopard CITES import permit prior to taking the animal or the start of the hunting safari, the application can be submitted afterwards upon return.

See attached pdf file called Importing Your Leopard or African Elephant Trophy for some valuable information.

Here is a good resource article as well: Permits & Importation Procedures for Sport Hunted Trophies.
 

Attachments

From the questions on the current Canadian form your certainly can not have the permit in hand beforehand. Sorry about that.
 
Thank you for the additional links and info BRICKBURN.
 
Welcome, since I jumped the gun and had a memory slip.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,414
Messages
1,575,522
Members
170,345
Latest member
LavonneAld
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top