USA: Deer & Double Rifles

@Manwe

This is my growing up deer rifle...I still have it... 308 Savage.

A friend literally just asked how I can stand the straight stock on my current deer rifle. Spending a childhood with this gun across my lap is the answer to that question.

2994379109_d194705e73_c.jpg
3329161213_e774e99313_b.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry - I was hunting and AFK (away from keyboard).

Yes, it's a plain old .30-'06.

Of course just to have fun, you could always speak in a very sophisticated tone and tell folks that it's chambered in 7.6 X 63.
Then watch their eyes get really big as they ponder using suching a fancy rifle and exotic cartridge on whitetail deer. :)
 
I posted this doe I took this past Saturday with my H&H no.2 in .375 2 1/2 over on the double rifle board before I saw this post....
 
I don't know what happened to the pic. It showed 100% loaded
 
The second buck of last season made the SC record books (125" minimum). It grossed a 133 0/8" and netted 131 3/8" because of nearly perfect symmetry.

It's still early in our season but I've taken an early deer. Setting up a double as an everyday deer gun was one of the best decisions I've ever made. This gun doesn't just shoot where I'm aiming...it shoots where I'm thinking. I've gotten reliably generous with the second barrel but this one only took a shot from the under barrel. He went about 25 yards and collapsed with a heart shot.

55554022039_6be06a5197_b.jpg
 
The second buck of last season made the SC record books (125" minimum). It grossed a 133 0/8" and netted 131 3/8" because of nearly perfect symmetry.

It's still early in our season but I've taken an early deer. Setting up a double as an everyday deer gun was one of the best decisions I've ever made. This gun doesn't just shoot where I'm aiming...it shoots where I'm thinking. I've gotten reliably generous with the second barrel but this one only took a shot from the under barrel. He went about 25 yards and collapsed with a heart shot.

55554022039_6be06a5197_b.jpg

Waidmannsheil! I love seeing people taking their wood and blued traditional double rifles out for hunting in this age of carbon, plastic and alloys.

Well done sir!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,476
Members
170,334
Latest member
gk88now
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top