TSA PreCheck and Global Entry

JimP

AH ambassador
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
5,996
Reaction score
14,804
Location
Gypsum, Co
Media
65
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
3
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Wyoming. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
I was very relieved to receive my new passport just before this most recent shut down.
 
Back functioning, DHS changed direction
 
Normal screening could go away and never come back as far as I’m concerned. It’s mostly a complete waste of time. OTOH, a lot of us paid out of pocket for PreCheck and Global Entry so we could avoid normal screening. It would be BS to charge us for something and then not have it available. TSA screening in general is one of the main reasons I avoid air travel if I possibly can.
 
Clear with the new automated facia recognition lanes is even better. Went through Nashville this morning and barely slowed down.

And here at Reagan they are doing a trial run of the new pre check facial recognition. I don’t even take my ID or boarding pass out of my pocket. It’s really slick.
 
Clear with the new automated facia recognition lanes is even better. Went through Nashville this morning and barely slowed down.

And here at Reagan they are doing a trial run of the new pre check facial recognition. I don’t even take my ID or boarding pass out of my pocket. It’s really slick.
I get it. Fast and easy. However, it’s a slippery slope. Facial recognition AI is ripe for misuse by private and government agencies. Look what’s happened with the proliferation of commercial, governmental and home security cameras. It’s virtually impossible to travel freely in most urban and suburban areas without being tracked and scanned by some camera somewhere. I hate all of it and refuse to participate whenever I can. No home cameras, no insurance data recorders on my vehicles, all cell phone tracking turned off, I use cash as much as possible, and a VPN with DDG to limit my internet activities being tracked. I know I can’t stop all the monitoring but I’m doing my best to make it difficult.
 
TSA pre-check @ IAH was operating normally this morning around 11am, took 8 minutes to get through @ Terminal C.
 
I get it. Fast and easy. However, it’s a slippery slope. Facial recognition AI is ripe for misuse by private and government agencies. Look what’s happened with the proliferation of commercial, governmental and home security cameras. It’s virtually impossible to travel freely in most urban and suburban areas without being tracked and scanned by some camera somewhere. I hate all of it and refuse to participate whenever I can. No home cameras, no insurance data recorders on my vehicles, all cell phone tracking turned off, I use cash as much as possible, and a VPN with DDG to limit my internet activities being tracked. I know I can’t stop all the monitoring but I’m doing my best to make it difficult.
I respect that.

But I fly 3 weeks a month and am in and out of so many facilities with cameras it’s a lost cause. I’m beyond being able to stop it so gave up worrying.
 
Clear with the new automated facia recognition lanes is even better. Went through Nashville this morning and barely slowed down.

And here at Reagan they are doing a trial run of the new pre check facial recognition. I don’t even take my ID or boarding pass out of my pocket. It’s really slick.
I tried this facial thing coming and going to Mexico same with global entry, everything was a breeze at the airport until we arrived in DFW and tried to find a shuttle bus
I really hate politicians and the MSM , them mucking around with DHS , ( TSA , air traffic controllers, coast guard, ice )
Matter of fact I just had a news story pop up that says DHS has stepped up and canceled any plans to close down any tsa facility or other programs
The liberals will be blowing smoke out for both their ears and ass’s now
 
Anyone applied and got approved recently without leaving the country, and if so how long did it take? My wife is waiting on hers to come back and hoping it comes back before are New Zealand trip in June and she applied 5-6 months ago. But it seems like they always wait for you to leave the country and a few days into your trip you get the email saying you are able to schedule interview.
 
Just came back through IAH (Bush International, Houston) tonight and Global Entry was closed, however, they were using the same facial recognition scanners (5 of them) for incoming USA passports and it was almost as quick. The only slowdown is the newbies who haven't been scanned and won't take caps off or stand where they are supposed to...
 
I use Global Entry, Clear, have a TWIC Card so it covers TSA pre.

Global Entry and Clear are both a perk paid for by AMEX Platinum…

Love Global Entry through Customs! So fast.
 
I use Global Entry, Clear, have a TWIC Card so it covers TSA pre.

Global Entry and Clear are both a perk paid for by AMEX Platinum…

Love Global Entry through Customs! So fast.
If you are traveling with firearms, does Global Entry speed things up any? I recently got Global Entry through my Venture X card.
 
Global Entry and firearms are totally separate. You clear customs with GE before going to pick up your luggage and firearms, so it has no impact on speeding up the firearms clearance process
 
I finally gave up on trying to schedule the interview with GE. I go to Africa every year out of Atlanta and every time over the last 10 years so easy going through everything with zero need for GE in Atlanta. This past year 10 minutes max. Great service out of Atlanta
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,106
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top