Trophy Room finally underway

Might as well install an intercom or get a set of walkie-talkies....your wife will know where to look for you.
 
Might as well install an intercom or get a set of walkie-talkies....your wife will know where to look for you.

Would also make food and drink orders easier ....

Looking for the 'ducking for cover emoji' in case she gets my AH password one day.

;)
 
Had a new move in this week - the red stag is now up on the wall.

IMG_6639.jpeg


And what self respecting trophy room is complete without a trinket shelf supported by a pair of old SMLE .303 butt stocks that are no longer fit for service. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6637.jpeg


I don’t think the craftsmanship involved qualifies for a post on the woodworking thread.
 
Last edited:
First time I'm seeing this Mark.

You literally turned a sow's ear into a silk purse.
Well done, looks terrific.

Lots of wall space to fill there ????
Better get to it !!!
 
First time I'm seeing this Mark.

You literally turned a sow's ear into a silk purse.
Well done, looks terrific.

Lots of wall space to fill there ????
Better get to it !!!

Thanks Paul - been a fun project.

We've got to get you up soon for look and a yarn.

Wall space is actually getting tight. I might need to focus on duiker, steenbok and the like. ;)
 
Wall space is actually getting tight. I might need to focus on duiker, steenbok and the like. ;)
That's not the right attitude !

Add more walls !
 
That's not the right attitude !

Add more walls !

More walls (and roofs, and floors) - the hidden cost of Africa Hunting that no ever warns us about.

:ROFLMAO:
 
This is an amazing trophy room and all the small details give it life and make it something truly its own! We’d all be so blessed to have a room like this. Thank you for the inspiration and something to dream about good, sir!
 
Wife and I have a small home, and we are literally out of wall space to hang mounts. We have a covered patio where I smoke my cigars and watch tv. Wife suggested we enclose it to make more room. I love this woman :ROFLMAO:
 
My apologies, I thought I had finished my post but somehow I didn’t. What I meant to say was that there is always ways to make more room, and trophy rooms are like a safe; always go bigger than what’s needed. :ROFLMAO:
 
My apologies, I thought I had finished my post but somehow I didn’t. What I meant to say was that there is always ways to make more room, and trophy rooms are like a safe; always go bigger than what’s needed. :ROFLMAO:
Or you can buy a nice piece of property , fix up an old house trailer and have a trophy room annex!
 
:A Quiet:Shh. Working on it. :ROFLMAO:
 
This is an amazing trophy room and all the small details give it life and make it something truly its own! We’d all be so blessed to have a room like this. Thank you for the inspiration and something to dream about good, sir!

Thanks very much @MeatballMedic .

Had a friend from the USA over recently and she described the room as being 'full of little Easter eggs'. I like the little touches - not all of which make it to the photos.
 
What did you use to do that markup in the original post?
 
What did you use to do that markup in the original post?

The free online version of SketchUp.

A bit of a learning curve - but got the job done, even with my rudimentary CAD skills.
 
Wife and I have a small home, and we are literally out of wall space to hang mounts. We have a covered patio where I smoke my cigars and watch tv. Wife suggested we enclose it to make more room. I love this woman :ROFLMAO:
She's definitely a keeper! Have one the same way....52 years now.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,252
Messages
1,569,791
Members
168,762
Latest member
ChristiMcA
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top