Tough Pack

Joined
Jul 31, 2023
Messages
218
Reaction score
140
Location
Houston
Hunted
4
Hey guys
anyone on here use the Tough pack instead of the traditional rifle cases for travel to africa?
Im thinking about it as it difficult and very bulky to pack the soft gun cases separately, would like to hear some opinions from those who might have used them or know people who have and their experience with the tough packs

Mike
 
Lots of TUFFpak fans on here, including me. I like how it does not look like a gun case when you travel. And I love that the soft cases go inside of it.
 
I have used one for years. Have tried others but this is the best. Hold up to 3 rifles with soft cases. Can still pack boots and extra clothing and with only 2 rifles I can pack even more. Helps that it doesn't look like a rifle case. Mine's over 20 years old and still intact.
 
Hey guys
anyone on here use the Tough pack instead of the traditional rifle cases for travel to africa?
Im thinking about it as it difficult and very bulky to pack the soft gun cases separately, would like to hear some opinions from those who might have used them or know people who have and their experience with the tough packs

Mike
I have used one for my son and I. Two trips OS once to NZ, once to South Africa. Three guns all in soft packs, snug as a bug.

At some point I'll be trusting the tuffpak to my new impending Rigby bolt guns.
 
I have used one for years. Have tried others but this is the best. Hold up to 3 rifles with soft cases. Can still pack boots and extra clothing and with only 2 rifles I can pack even more. Helps that it doesn't look like a rifle case. Mine's over 20 years old and still intact.

I see you say that you pack boots and other clothes in with it, and I see that you went recently in 2026. Any issues with TSA? I have read quite a few people on here say they got told they weren't allowed to pack clothes in with their rifle anymore.
 
Never even asked or looked in my case.
 
LOVE THEM. HAVE THE LONG ONE FOR BOLT GUNS AND THE SHORT ONE FOR OUR DOUBLES AND BLASER.
 
The only thing better than a Tuff Pak is to leave your guns at home and use the camp guns. I do that most of the time. Taking guns is a hassle and costly. Nearly all shooting is done under 100 yds and at that distance you should not miss.
 
The only thing better than a Tuff Pak is to leave your guns at home and use the camp guns. I do that most of the time. Taking guns is a hassle and costly. Nearly all shooting is done under 100 yds and at that distance you should not miss.
Well on 3 trips so far I’ve not had the opportunity to shoot anything under a yards and half of the enjoyment for me is taking my rifles,
I’m thinking I need to invest in a Tuffpack,
 
I see you say that you pack boots and other clothes in with it, and I see that you went recently in 2026. Any issues with TSA? I have read quite a few people on here say they got told they weren't allowed to pack clothes in with their rifle anymore.
That’s disconcerting, I’m hoping I can pack some other things in the TuffPack besides rifles, I certainly would like to at least pack some stuff around them to protect them as well as the scopes
 
The only thing better than a Tuff Pak is to leave your guns at home and use the camp guns. I do that most of the time. Taking guns is a hassle and costly. Nearly all shooting is done under 100 yds and at that distance you should not miss.
Not sure that rings true for the Eastern cape, longest shot was 435 yards for me on my Kudu.

Sons wildebeest 311 yards, zebra 230 or 260 yards ( I forget), Hartebeest 313 yards, Impala also 313 yards.

Cape Buff was 80 warthogs under and over 100 yards.
 
I have 2 Tuffpak cases. I haven't had any issues with mine over the past 5+ years of using. Both of mine are the padlock version. Took them to Africa last May with the family. Fit 5 rifles in soft cases, shooting sticks, light jackets, and some hunting knives in them. No issue with TSA coming or going.
 
I have the Key lock model and added this for more security
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2685.jpeg
    IMG_2685.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,435
Members
169,357
Latest member
trailrivet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top