Tipping charter pilot

I search all over and could not find an appropriate section to write this question and you shout forgive me from posting here. The question I have is tipping charter pilot is an accetable maner, is something you guys consider doing it and what is the approximate amount.
Lazik
I've never noticed a "tip jar" on the exit door of any airplane. I don't think it's anything I want to start.
 
I want him to remember me when he has to fly in less than favorable weather, asked to land in too small of a river or lake, too rough tundra, too much meat weight, too much cross wind.
That's part and parcel for being a bush pilot anywhere on the planet. If I don't know how to do that, I've got no business in that profession.
 
If I am paying $1500+ for an hour-long trip I am not going to tip on top of that. I also do not tip camp managers for doing their job.
 
FLOWN ON ALOT OF CHARTERS TO LITTLE CARIBBEAN ISLANDS FOR WORK AND THEY WERE ALWAYS PAID BY MY CONTRACTOR, SO NEVER GAVE A SECOND THOUGHT TO GIVING A TIP.
EVERY PERSONAL FLIGHT I'VE TAKEN BE IT ALASKA, MEXICO OR AFRICA I'VE ALWAYS HAD A "THANK YOU" AND A "LOADED" HANDSHAKE WITH "LET ME BUY YOU DINNER WHEN YOU GET BACK". JUST ME.
 
Question: When is a tip not a tip?
Answer: When it's expected!!
I understand the tipping culture, i was in the restaurant business for 20 years. I had good waitresses making more than the general manager, and was fine with that.
When it's expected, it's just a way to transfer salary to the employees without paying taxes on it.
Really chaps me that in the US the "norm" has gone to 20% and even 25% because the employees say the cost of living has gone up more than the meal cost. That's a big load of bs. In the 80's and early 90's we were selling a small steak dinner with salad bar for $5.99. And the wait staff was bringing in $100 to $200 a night in tips. Sorry, off-topic rant over.
I feel the outfitter should simply add the amount to the bill to make a living wage for his employees then allow a tip for exceptional service. Doesn't look good though for the SA model of no daily rates high trophy fees.
 
Reminds me about tipping in American Hospitality.
Why can't they (people living off Tips) be paid a livable static wage?
Because then the 'restaurant' will need to increase the price of drinks & meals too make up for the loss?
Leading to nobody drinking/eating there leading towards business shutdown.
But if you can't/won't pay your workers a static livable wage in the first place...
Should your business even be open/exist....?

And at what point do we cross the line from proud leaders of the modern world to getting down n dirty with other nations that have human rights issues...
 
The minimum wage and usually what is paid in the state of Delaware for tipped employees is $2.23 an hour. The alternative is to lay off all the wait staff and wait on yourself.
From the DOL's webpage:
The Department of Labor can collect minimum wages on behalf of Delaware workers. Effective January 1, 2024 Delaware’s minimum hourly wage rate is $13.25.
Delaware’s minimum hourly wage will increase to $15.00 on January 1, 2025.
Employees Who Receive Tips:
The minimum cash wage payable to employees who receive tips is $2.23 per hour.
  • Tips may not be taken or retained by an employer except as required by law.
  • Tip pooling is permitted (under certain circumstances) in an amount not to exceed 15% of the actual tips received by the employee.

.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,210
Members
169,959
Latest member
breathzenbuy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top