Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
The response to COVID has played havoc with court scheduling. I have had cases adjourned unilaterally by the court and I only find out afterwards! They are effectively closed except for discretionary urgent matters! Nuts, and incredibly stressful. So last night I decided to take this afternoon off and hit the range. Loaded up a new ladder set for the 308 NM with H4350, grabbed the 22LR for trigger time and left the office at lunch. Best way to beat the craziness is to pull the trigger! Anyone else taking a time out to reload and shoot?
20200813_154020.jpg

Its good to see the new AH app still loads the pictures on their ear....it's nice to find some consistency in life:p:ROFLMAO:

Btw, It looks like 4350 is not as good as my other load. Who cares, its all about the practice!

Yep, COVIG has "Altered" my well planned 2020 schedule, all a wash so looking forward to late 2021, probably 2022, to be realistic, for my postponed trip(s). But gives time for a more relaxed load development with a couple of barrels and practice regiment. Due to the heat out west, doing once a week in the early AM, in this case, have my 458 with 420/450 CEB's with H335 loads proceeding nicely, running the ladder. Yes a good way to escape from all of the craziness and BS we are all getting bombarded with!
IMG_20200717_071442279_HDR[67666] (2).jpg

Ran 30 rds through my 6.5 SS yesterday. Today I de primed the brass, tumbled, annealed and full length sized 90 cases. I’ll trim tomorrow and maybe get primers seated. All a work in progress.
Bruce

I think I will have to acquire some .458 wm brass to play with in my Lott. I just received a Lee Loader for .458 so I am eager to see if it loads both like .38/.357.
Covid has altered my plans as well. I do not like the restrictions that are in place at work.

@Pheroze i feel your pain! My court calendar has been a rolling process of postponements. This weekend I’ll be at the range with my hunting friends and our boys. I’m bringing a pile of ammo and an equal sized pile of elk meat. It should be a good weekend. I think we can all benefit from some time away from the news and in a rural space where pocket knives are carried to sneak cuts of meat off the grill before dinner.

@limpopo how do you like that R8? We burned through a fat amount of .22lr ammo on the R8 practice barrel last weekend.

@limpopo how do you like that R8? We burned through a fat amount of .22lr ammo on the R8 practice barrel last weekend.

So far so good. It is proving pretty easy to develop loads, not really finicky with development so far with the 375 and 458 barrels. I'm coming off my "Go to" M03 Africa platform so many similarities. Like the synthetic stock, fits me well. Affords good grip, minimal muzzle rise with hunt loads. I may look into one of the R8 22 LR conversions for practice, sounds like you are happy with it. Getting 22LR out here is impossible, so been loading low cost 308 for practice/offhand. The plus is I can load cheaper than 22LR prices per round due to my pulldown components!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran 30 rds through my 6.5 SS yesterday. Today I de primed the brass, tumbled, annealed and full length sized 90 cases. I’ll trim tomorrow and maybe get primers seated. All a work in progress.
Bruce
That process is a bit of meditation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,