Timbavati/Klaserie vs Bubye Valley Conservancy

Mopani

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 21, 2022
Messages
202
Reaction score
392
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Who of you has hunted both areas and can give us his opinion on success rate for buffalo, trophy quality etc? The BVC is 'wilder' however there might be a better chance to get an old dagga boy at Timbavati and Klaserie?

I‘m often at Kruger and have seen many big bulls, whereas my experiences regarding BVC are very limited.
 
I have hunted Klaserie. They’re Kruger genetics and they are targeting older age class bulls. I took this photo of a group of bulls, none of which passed muster:

Image1652217807.939368.jpg


I ended up shooting this bull. It is 42” wide which gives you some sense of how big the bosses are:

Image1652217924.348045.jpg


I have not hunted the BVC but I am told the genetics are similar to the Save which I have hunted. This is a bull I harvested in the Save:

Image1652218012.139657.jpg


He was pretty typical. This is a decent bull we passed in the Save:

Image1652218064.788358.jpg


I’m sorry I can’t provide you with a direct comparison, but hopefully that helps.

For what it’s worth, I would probably hunt the BVC even though the genetics will not be as good. Klaserie and Timbavati are just not as wild.
 
I hunted the area, APNRs, in 2015 and saw some fine buffs. Much of that area once raised TB free buff for sale elsewhere.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,253
Messages
1,570,826
Members
169,181
Latest member
Minercamp
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top