Timbavati/Klaserie vs Bubye Valley Conservancy

Mopani

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Who of you has hunted both areas and can give us his opinion on success rate for buffalo, trophy quality etc? The BVC is 'wilder' however there might be a better chance to get an old dagga boy at Timbavati and Klaserie?

I‘m often at Kruger and have seen many big bulls, whereas my experiences regarding BVC are very limited.

I have hunted Klaserie. They’re Kruger genetics and they are targeting older age class bulls. I took this photo of a group of bulls, none of which passed muster:

Image1652217807.939368.jpg

I ended up shooting this bull. It is 42” wide which gives you some sense of how big the bosses are:

Image1652217924.348045.jpg

I have not hunted the BVC but I am told the genetics are similar to the Save which I have hunted. This is a bull I harvested in the Save:

Image1652218012.139657.jpg

He was pretty typical. This is a decent bull we passed in the Save:

Image1652218064.788358.jpg

I’m sorry I can’t provide you with a direct comparison, but hopefully that helps.

For what it’s worth, I would probably hunt the BVC even though the genetics will not be as good. Klaserie and Timbavati are just not as wild.

I hunted the area, APNRs, in 2015 and saw some fine buffs. Much of that area once raised TB free buff for sale elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross