The Old Shikari Interview With Kawshik Rahman For 2021

Interesting that you call the white people Caucasians.
A term that has not been used in Europe for over 200 years or more :)
Foxi
I sincerely apologise if that term is offensive. I genuinely was under the impression that the term " Caucasian " is used to describe white people.

@Kawshik Rahman

In fact , the majority of us don't care what we are called , but we have nothing in common with today's Caucasus inhabitants.

The term dates back to the 19th century , when various false theories about race or ethnic origin were spread. Both , human race or ethnic origin , are words that you no longer like to hear nowadays when it concern human people. Genetically we are all the same , whether black , white or yellow , but if you look very closely into the genome you can see where the people come from , and there are surprises. I don't want to go into details , but to stay with the "Caucasian" of Europe , the majority came a long time ago from Anatolia or Central Asia. We are not too far from the Caucasus.

Last edited:
Foxi
I sincerely apologise if that term is offensive. I genuinely was under the impression that the term " Caucasian " is used to describe white people.

Caucasian is not offensive in America, where it is used to describe white people. The term has been used on official forms up until that last 10 years or so.

Foxi

Dear Mr Rahman, you were absolutely right!
Even in modern Hollywood crime movies, they are using this term in police language to describe a person
You said nothing wrong. (it is either caucasian, negorid, or asian)

from source:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Caucasian

Definition of Caucasian
1: of or relating to the Caucasus or its inhabitants were forced to leave their Caucasian homeland

2: of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Europe, North Africa, and southwest Asia and classified according to physical features —used especially in referring to persons of European descent having usually light skin pigmentation

@Kawshik Rahman

In fact , the majority of us don't care what we are called , but we have nothing in common with today's Caucasus inhabitants.

The term dates back to the 19th century , when various false theories about race or ethnic origin were spread. Both , human race or ethnic origin , are words that you no longer like to hear nowadays when it concern human people. Genetically we are all the same , whether black , white or yellow , but if you look very closely into the genome you can see where the people come from , and there are surprises. I don't want to go into details , but to stay with the "Caucasian" of Europe , the majority came a long time ago from Anatolia or Central Asia. We are not too far from the Caucasus.
Kurpfalzjager
It is my mistake and l sincerely apologise for the use of the improper term . When l was a school boy in Darjeeling , that word " Caucasian " was taught by our school masters to describe white people. You have known me on this community for quite some time . I would never write anything deliberately demeaning about white people. My own niece is marrying an American gentleman from Alabama this year.

Caucasian is not offensive in America, where it is used to describe white people. The term has been used on official forms up until that last 10 years or so.
Wheels
Oh , that is re-assuring . I genuinely was beginning to get concerned that l had used offensive language accidentally .

Dear Mr Rahman, you were absolutely right!
Even in modern Hollywood crime movies, they are using this term in police language to describe a person
You said nothing wrong. (it is either caucasian, negorid, or asian)

from source:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Caucasian

Definition of Caucasian
1: of or relating to the Caucasus or its inhabitants were forced to leave their Caucasian homeland

2: of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Europe, North Africa, and southwest Asia and classified according to physical features —used especially in referring to persons of European descent having usually light skin pigmentation
Mark-Hunter
Thank you so much for your support . I would never intentionally use any demeaning terminology to describe anyone in this community . It is not who l am . However , if the term is perceived as inappropriate these days , then l will refrain from using it.

It is not. Do not worry.(y)
these days inappropriate is using word "white"...

Along with us , was a German lady who was Kawshik's client . She wanted to shoot cranes as well ( and a crocodile , but that story is for Kawshik to tell ) . The German lady had a really beautiful combined -rifle - and -shot gun in an over under format . The rifle barrel was chambered in 9.3 × 74 Rimmed calibre

Dear Mister Kawshik Rahman,

can you write me (us) please some lines about:
THE GERMAN LADY

(I had read about here in an adventure from your friend Mayor Khan....)

Thank you.
F.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross