The Double Gun Journal

bigger is better

New member
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
14
Anybody know if the DGJ guys are still available for back issues etc?
I know they "folded"a few years back but thought they were still selling back issues.
 
~ To All Our Faithful Readers ~
We Regret To Have To Make The Following Announcement

Since 1989 we have striven to produce a journal of the highest quality. However it is with much regret that due to inflated material and labor costs, and diminishing interest in classic guns, we are forced to discontinue The Double Gun Journal. We had sincerely hoped that we could keep going and at least finish this year out; however we can’t go on. We feel so badly that we are letting you all down, but we are not able to financially continue…For the past several years we have been operating at a loss. We now realize that at our age, the demands of a quarterly publication have come to be too much for us.

The young people of today are not nearly so interested in classic guns and subsequently many of our older collectors, with no one to leave their guns to, are forced to sell their collections to get their estates in order. Although it is indeed time for us to step aside, we truly hope that someone will see this adversity as an opportunity to take over the publishing of The Double Gun Journal.

We do intend to keep our website operational and our webstore can offer back issues to those who would like to complete their collections or perhaps gift them to someone very special. Also we have many other products available.

Having now completed our final Index & Reader Volume III, we plan to publish more unique books of firearms.

Thank you for understanding and for your support over the years.

Daniel & Joanna.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awful news, as a new member I've only just learnt of their existance!

Website still up and hardcopy and digital available for purchase
 
Awful news, as a new member I've only just learnt of their existance!

Website still up and hardcopy and digital available for purchase
I had been a subscriber for most of their existence.It was a bummer when they stopped publishing.
Just before their cessation I had just renewed my subscription.They did contact me advising I could use this to order back issues or indexs.I advised them I would be happy with Index No.111 as full compensation for my subscription.Several years on-nothing!From time to time I send them a reminder to no avail.Felt let down.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,415
Messages
1,575,571
Members
170,360
Latest member
ChastityFi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top