The agony of choice...

What would be your choice?

• Total voters
Even today, it's hopless to competete with a Mauser M98.

But should be once the last stand for the Mannlicher-Schoenauer,... I'll be there.

HWL

Johnny's Cat 001.jpg

M1910 (9.5X57 - .375 Nitro Express Rimless) in Ceylon, 1932

Reactions: HWL
What is it with R8 owners? They take every opportunity to explain to the rest of us why their rifle is the only one worth consideration. Glad you enjoy them but please stop infecting every other thread with R8 propaganda. We get it. You spent a lot of money for an ugly rifle and you need to explain why. It's become very tedious. How many times does the OP have to say he doesn't own an R8? Jeezle Pete.....

To the OP, take the Mauser 9.3x62.
You're quite wrong. I spent reasonable amount of money into enticing symphony of steel and synthetic polymers.

HWL, Africa is too much about the romance of the Safari to not pay heed to the 'rightness' of all you put into it. The mauser wears a nice stock and looks every bit the part. The GK wears the plainest stock I have ever seen and just doesn't evoke a safari feel. Go with the mauser, coupled with a good hat and some Courteney's you are ready for Hemingway himself to show up!

HWL, Africa is too much about the romance of the Safari to not pay heed to the 'rightness' of all you put into it. The mauser wears a nice stock and looks every bit the part. The GK wears the plainest stock I have ever seen and just doesn't evoke a safari feel. Go with the mauser, coupled with a good hat and some Courteney's you are ready for Hemingway himself to show up!
Should there be a chance to meet Hemingway, I would come with all my rifles, hats, cigars, whiskey and even Courteney's........ ;)

HWL

Should there be a chance to meet Hemingway, I would come with all my rifles, hats, cigars, whiskey and even Courteney's........ ;)

HWL

What if you run across John Huston (and his friends 'Bogey' and Bacall?

MS Huston cropped.jpg

Mannlicher Schoenauer, Huston, Bogart, and Bacall on location of The African Queen

So I would give Meryl Streep a chance..... ;)

HWL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg