The 243 Winchester for Australian Game

RCBS makes dies for it (need to alter as much 243 brass as possible), and it fits in the Tikka M55 short action that I had - otherwise i might have ended up with a 257 Roberts..

I run Speer 87gn TNT for long range wallaby shooting, and Rem 100gn Corelokt for fallow, goats and nanny/juvenile tahr.
I instruct on hunter training courses for NZDA shooting the above animals and find it perfect for new shooters (especially teens) to use.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen, you ran some numbers in quickload for me previously.

Steve NZ
@SteveNZ
I forgot I sent you some load info from load from a disc. How did they work out.
Bob

@rdog
The Savage or Roberts would be better. No stuffing around with custom dies and reamers.
If you are going down that road why not a270-308.
Bob
Because i do not own a 25 cal rifle, i have a 270 Win & a 270 WSM,as i am addicted to rifles, i want a another one, i really do not need a another rifle, but as i do not drink or smoke or go out with dirty women i spend my money on guns & cars, May be the Roberts is a better idea? but it needs a long action & i have a 243 that i could convert to 25 /308.

Because i do not own a 25 cal rifle, i have a 270 Win & a 270 WSM,as i am addicted to rifles, i want a another one, i really do not need a another rifle, but as i do not drink or smoke or go out with dirty women i spend my money on guns & cars, May be the Roberts is a better idea? but it needs a long action & i have a 243 that i could convert to 25 /308.
@rdog
Any conversion on a 243 is worth the effort. What about the 250 Savage or the AI version. P O Ackley said it was on of his best even the original is better than the 243.
Bob

@rdog
Any conversion on a 243 is worth the effort. What about the 250 Savage or the AI version. P O Ackley said it was on of his best even the original is better than the 243.
Bob

@rdog
Bob
The 250 Savage brass is in short supply , neck up 234s to 25 i have an old Super simplex press
& 303/25 dies i could use. Swan has a chamber reamer, may be after i finish my 6mm BR project 22 PPC Ruger to 6 mm BR, Swan is doing the job for me.

@SteveNZ
I forgot I sent you some load info from load from a disc. How did they work out.
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen
They ran well, I had to change to 100gn Rem Corelokt, as there are no more 100gn Hornday Interlocks in NZ.
Thanks for your help!

@rdog
I was originally going to re-chamber my Tikka to 250 Savage, but lack of available reamer meant I went to 25 Souper.
SteveNZ

@rdog
Bob
Surprised you didn't suggest .358 Bob.

Really it could be .22-250, ,243, 6BR, some of the .250's , 7mm-08

Or just re barrel as a .243 for Australian game as the thread says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you