Swift A Frame .375

1728737254672.jpeg


Every NF I’ve recovered over the years looks essentially identical to this.
 
Last edited:
The Hydroshock and NorthFork cup point solids seem to be very effective on first shots instead of only as follow-ups. My next buff will be shot first with the CPS.
Great info folks! Many thanks!
 
Razorback- do you happen to have a pic of a recovered North Fork? I've used Swift A-frames successfully, but I'm ALWAYS looking for ammo/bullets other hunters prefer.
WOW! I'll definitely include NF in my future hunts. I already bought some Barnes 300 gr TSX to try, now NF. Thanks for the pics!
 
Thanks! Awesome bullets
 
View attachment 639919

Found yet another pic. I don’t see how a bullet for Africa can get much better than that.
If Northfork continues making bullets available I think they’ll take over market, but the performance looks very similar to Swift A Frames or Trophy Bonded Bear Claw. I don’t see how performance can get much better than any of them for a bonded lead bullet.
IMG_6190.jpeg
IMG_6189.jpeg
 
I'm with razorback,

i think the north fork softs are the best soft made at this time. my recovered bullets all looked like his.
 
I gave up on Swift and switched to North Fork. I not only need my components to be reliable, I need them to be reliably available. The bullet performance is the same or better and their customer service is really good, too (they have a warehouse and customer service reps in West Texas).

As others have said, your TSXs are no slouch. If they shoot good in your gun, you are good to go.
 
I came at this a little differently. A-frames are great but can't get them...so I went to TSX and they work great and I can get them anytime...now I'm using more NF and CEB and liking those as well. I like how they have different versions of soft points for different applications (like cats).
 
Agree. Swift AF is an excellent bullet and I wouldn’t hesitate to use it. I still use them in my 500 NE because NF doesn't make a .510 soft. All things being equal, I’d personally still choose NF based on terminal performance and how easy load development has been with them over the years vs my experience with AF.

TBBC is another great bullet that I wouldn’t hesitate to use. From my understanding, NF is Mike Brady’s slight improvement on the original bitterroot and TBBC design.

I also really like that you can mix and match the NF SS and PP with no POI shift.

I think it’s the perfect Africa bullet and maybe its greatest attribute is that’s it’s available and being produced by folks who are eager to get product to the consumer.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,238
Members
169,511
Latest member
ChaunceySp
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top