Stock design

Jimbob

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to get a new stock made for my rifle. Absolutely love the gun but the stock is all wrong for me and just magnifies recoil and makes it slower to shoulder.

As it's a large caliber I'm thinking the usual straight combed dangerous game stock. My chosen (very experienced) stock maker will no doubt see me right, I have a pretty good idea what I want anyway, and it'll be fitted exactly to me.

That been said, I thought I'd throw it out here incase I've forgotten something.
It is a significant investment after all :)

So, who wants to chip in with some ideas?

Current stock:
attachment.php

Make sure your stock maker fits you and gets the length of pull (LOP) , cast off, a bit of toe out and drop at the comb and heel correct for you body. On my other computer I have a graphic on correct measurements to take and how it relates to proper fitting stock. I will get them and post here for you.

He was a London stock maker and has been doing it for years so I trust his judgement regards measurements.

It's more what style stock to incorporate those measurements in to.

I would suggest that you take along your favourite centrefire hunting rifle and your favourite .22 rimfire rifle and take up snap-shooting positions under his observation.

This rifle needs to be set up properly, i.e. for Offhand snap-shooting and not (with all due respect) for Prone/Sitting shots, an error that I used to make.

Have fun. I hope that it meets or exceeds your expectations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross