Stevens 22lr/410 3" is it worth it?

What others have said. Do not hesitate. It's likely worth twice that or more.

For the price of that gun, it is a no brainer, buy it. You are correct in that TSS shot has changed the game on 410 bores. While tss is very expensive, it has changed the game on what a 410 can do. In the last week, I have just bought another 410.
For fun, look up reloading the 410 with hand tools. I'm excited to give that a try.

As I am typing this, my only concern would be the choke. It is undoubtedly a fixed choke. I'd prefer a full choke and a modified would be acceptable. Is there anyone in your country that can tap it for interchangeable choke tubes? Can this be done with the over/under barrel?

On a side note, I shot 3 Tom turkeys with my 410 this year using #9 tss shot. The first at 27 yards, the second at 40 and the last at 32. The tss was just soul crushing on those birds.

Reactions: WAB
It is fixed full choke

I'm thinking about picking up one of these little kits to fool with. There is a little demo video in the link.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 8.24.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 8.24.12 AM.png
    645.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 8.24.14 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 8.24.14 AM.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 8.24.17 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 8.24.17 AM.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 21
When I was a young kid growing up in Texas, a Savage OU 22/410 was in the scabbard on my horse at all times. I killed tons of small game and birds with that gun. It was very accurate and “redneck kid on horse proof”. :LOL:

Safe hunting
I just had a good friend custom build scope rings for a Savage Model A that my uncle hunted with as a kid. He giggled and smiled for 2 weeks about that. We are starting a family tradition by taking our first squirrel guns out the last weekend in September. Winner is decided by how many headshots and how quickly you get your daily limit.

These small caliber o/u are just made for outdoorsmen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetlaw

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.