Springbuck

Swampbilly1231

AH member
Reaction score
This animal has been on my mind! Where is the best place to shoot a stud? I think this will be the main objective of my future Safari! I k is I’m getting way ahead of myself but how do y’all like y’all’s mounts? I think a euro would look great!

Go with a shoulder mount, imo. It takes up very little space. Also the mount my wife likes and approved for our home office.

20230603_134600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have four of them on the wall, all euros. They do make a very pretty and "manageable" shoulder or pedestal mount. I'm just not much into fur and glass eyes. Shot this dandy my last trip. I wasn't really expecting to shoot one but the lodge owner convinced me. Then I culled a couple more from my PH's property. I was careful to not shoot them up and had both hides tanned for end tables in living room.
20220822_151209.jpg

The Karoo has a reputation for having the best Spingbok.

All the colors of springbok are beautiful and full of character. I actually prefer a “fuller” wall pedestal that shows more of the markings and color. This pic is just to show the option, mine are still at the taxidermist.
They are inexpensive and lots of fun to hunt-go for it!
There are several on this site that offer springbok slam “deals”
IMG_7773.jpeg

Last edited:
The Karoo has some monsters, but usually you'll pay for them. Bred and fed for horn size. The Kalahari has some great ones from RSA to Namibia and I suspect into Botswana as well.
Bruce

Jules of Karoo if you want the biggest springbuck. Bred to gain maximum size. Not inexpensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois