Spray foam Wipe Out bore cleaner?

M70375!

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
723
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Wyoming
Media
18
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Hunted
Botswana, Mozambique Alaska, Canada, MT WY NM ID ND SD OR KS
Does this stuff actually work as good as they say it does. Any thoughts
 
Does it work as good as the manufacturer claims it does? No. Absolutely not. No cleaning product in the history of the world has EVER met that standard.

However, my experience is that it does in fact work quite well, and does make the job easier than more traditional liquid cleaners.

My experience is with this stuff: https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...ey-bore-scrubber-foaming-gel-115-oz/p/1318648

I was using it for a competition rifle and I'm anal enough to have a bore scope. It did a great job.

Spray in, let it sit, patch out, you clear all the carbon, most of the copper. I then chose to spray again, let it sit, then use a copper brush to clear the last of it, because, again, I'm anal about this stuff. If I wasn't and I just let it sit, I suspect it'd do the job just fine.

If you pick some up, make sure you give it a really good shake before you squirt though, otherwise it just chucks out a lumpy liquid which doesn't do nearly as well.
 
Yes, within reason.
Does it work better than everything else….debatable
I use it for copper fouling, but in a well ventilated environment
Gumpy
 
I use a foaming cleaner for my inline muzzle loaders and it works fairly well
 
I've found it works the same as most bore cleaners.

For me it works best in tight places like AR bolt carriers, etc. Places where it's really hard to get a brush of any kind, but you still need to get a lot of carbon and copper fouling out.
 
Wipe out is all I’ve used for probably the last 10 years if not longer. I also use 1 patch of accelerator, then fill the barrel, let sit for 3-4 hours or even over night, run dry patches through until nothing there. The stuff is fantastic. A brush will never touch the inside of my bores again. I apply through the chamber using a keg hose. They slide in the magnum chamber snugly and provide a good seal, get the chamber clean as a whistle too. Make sure to tip your muzzle down just slightly so everything runs out that end. I would still be careful around wood.
 
I will add, may of the other foaming bore cleaners don’t work as good as the original, I’ve tried others and always come back to Wipe Out
 
Thanks for the input guys!
 
Wipe out is all I’ve used for probably the last 10 years if not longer. I also use 1 patch of accelerator, then fill the barrel, let sit for 3-4 hours or even over night, run dry patches through until nothing there. The stuff is fantastic. A brush will never touch the inside of my bores again. I apply through the chamber using a keg hose. They slide in the magnum chamber snugly and provide a good seal, get the chamber clean as a whistle too. Make sure to tip your muzzle down just slightly so everything runs out that end. I would still be careful around wood.
Keg hose? Do you have a pic of how you fo this?
 
I use non toxic Gunslick foaming bore cleaner but am running out of it and can’t find it anymore. It’s worked well for removing powder fouling and some minor copper residue. I bore brush and run patches through the barrel afterwards.
 
does anyone plug the chamber and muzzle after applying?
 
It seems to work very well
 
does anyone plug the chamber and muzzle after applying?
I use barrel plugs I bought from MidwayUSA just for that purpose.
 
Use the foam from Forrest. Works better than hoppes to clean copper fouling.
 
I use Wipe out and their accelerator. Works good. Even cleans badly copper fouled bores if you do a couple applications. .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,571,762
Members
169,410
Latest member
tealish
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top