SOUTH AFRICA: My Hunt In The Limpopo

:eek:
haha.... I didn't get to see the bush buck pics yet, looking forward to those as well.
I am so happy for you!!

Here are the Bushbuck and warthog pics, I managed to load them from Photobucket

IMG_0213_zps9debf349.jpg

IMG_0038_zps8515aea8.jpg

IMG_0046_zps45604b80.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0038_zps8515aea8.jpg
    IMG_0038_zps8515aea8.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0046_zps45604b80.jpg
    IMG_0046_zps45604b80.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0213_zps9debf349.jpg
    IMG_0213_zps9debf349.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 122
Hi Nyati!
I hope all is well! All I can say is wow!! I'm not anything close to an expert/experienced or even a mediocre huntress, but regarding that bush buck, how old do you think he is? I have only seen a few but I have to say he is an amazing old boy.. At least in my opinion. Let me reiterate that I don't know much, but I have to say I am very impressed with him. Remember that I am a complete novice when it comes to hunting, ( I had beginner's luck) however, I think there is a gene within me that activated once I went on my dad's buff hunt. Sigh, I believe I am making myself crazy!! Congratulations, and that eland is fabulous!!! I swear nothing in my life excites me anymore unless it has to do with hunting in Africa. Damn.. I think I am forever spoiled. Ruined beyond belief..

Jane

Oh and I forgot to ask, what is the story behind those fantastic Warthogs? Well-done.. I love warthogs. So smart and tough.

congratulations on your cracker bushbuck nyati
he is a ripper mate

For sure that bushbuck is pretty ancient, and what a dandy too. Looks like mine only older. That middle pig is a whopper too! Must be 14 inches on his right tusk.

Thank you all for your kind comments :thumb:

Yes, that Bushbuck is old, Gerhardo promised he would get me the oldest in the two properties he hunts next to the Limpopo, and he delivered. The coat on this animal is quite dark in contrast to the reddish color in younger animals, in fact the neck is black.

As to the warthogs, Jane, not much to say, besides being somewhat of a fixation for us spaniards, the idea was to shoot one in order to attract a hyena. Quite a few hogs came to the waterhole.

I shot the one on the left, which is quite nice, then came the one on the center, which I could not resist, then the female on the right, as these very nice curved tusks make beautiful necklaces for the ladies :wink2:

In the end, the hyena did come but left so fast I couldn t even take aim :sad:

Saying that Warthogs are somewhat of a fixation for a Spaniard is an understatement. :)

Very Nice trophies.

I feel for you on the Hyena.
You do have to be pretty fast on the trigger for them.

Saying that Warthogs are somewhat of a fixation for a Spaniard is an understatement. :)

Very Nice trophies.

I feel for you on the Hyena.
You do have to be pretty fast on the trigger for them.

nyati you must go to queensland if your ever in australia , them boys cant go past a pig either :biggrin2:

nyati you must go to queensland if your ever in australia , them boys cant go past a pig either :biggrin2:

I would just love to visit your great and beautiful country Bluey, and would not mind taking a buff and a few pigs :beer:

I second that!! If I live long enough after the last kid has moved-out, I plan on a visit there for sure!! I'd like to stay for a long time in the bush. Hope I get the chance to hunt again in Africa though. Sigh.. At least I have been lucky enough to experience Africa. I would like to live there, also in the bush..

Your'e lucky to have been born in Australia Bluey!! I envy you....

Jane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warren03T

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross