SOUTH AFRICA: HUNTERSHILL safaris Hunt Report

Anthonyt42

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I won't take too much time on this hunting report. This was my second time to South Africa. I went to a different region of the country Eastern Cape to @HUNTERSHILL safaris outside of Queenstown in July 22. Overall it was a great hunting. Huntershill property is huge and they own other areas such as Comre and two others. I was told it may be the largest outfitter as far as hunters in and out. This was much different than my last trip as I was only one hunting versus meeting people coming and going.
Food was good the whole time and im sure you could get specific things made if you want. The lodge was nice. If your open to meeting hunters from places around the world then this would be for you. If you want to be left alone you could go to your own hut, but you are going to be around others at some point at Huntershill. However some of the other places you may not see anyone else.
My guide Riley Naude was a younger man, more mature than me. I went on a package hunt of 10 animals but ended up with 14. 12 days. You know how that goes. Pricing was super competitive. The type of hunting involved long shots with most under 800 yards. This was quite a stretch from my usual hunting grounds but we got everything with one clean miss on a heartebeest. I am a bow hunter but only used the lodges bow on a baboon on last day. A Highlight of shooting a cape buffalo in a farmers field from a helicopter and a long shot on a nice springbok with a 4 ft hold over for wind.
I wouldn't say world record tropheys are what Huntershill has on there property, however, they do have good mature representational animals and challenging terrain that make for a "proper" hunt. There is some specific management zones on the property that would be a less skilled hunt. You can simply choose to do the harder hunts.
Pros:
Price
Animal options
Huge property and additional places
Lodging and food
Staff were good

Cons:
Trophey records
In and out of hunters "depends on you"
Can get shifted on good hunting grounds on certain days for other hunters but you'll get your turn. This also gives you a area to hunt to your party.

Would I go back? Yes, however, I do like to experience different places. I will only get so many trips to africa in my life and that would be a factor if I go somewhere else. I would definitely consider going the other Huntershill lodges for sure.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 9.50.07 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing your hunt.
Congratulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrenMays0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.